Search results

1. M

Max current through VUSB to PCB

I have a project in which I am mounting the Teensy 3.1 onto a custom fabricated PCB. I would like to be able to charge my Lithium Ion battery through the Teensy 3.1 USB port. I have cut the VUSB trace from Vin on the Teensy, and am planning on mounting a header that will plug into the PCB...
  2. M

TFTP Bootloader, update firmware over ethernet?

Any update on this? Is there a solution to remote firmware updates on Teensy 3.1?
  3. M

Teensy short circuit: Vin and GND pins are common

What would cause a Teensy to have a short between Vin and GND? I seem to have cooked my Teensy. I'm using it in a rather large and elaborate project, so it is especially crappy that it bit the dust since the circuit board is already integrated into a project box with tons of wires coming in...
  4. M

I gave my Teensy a virus, and now I can't flash it

Yep, exactly, to the tee, what stevech said. Kept trying the plug the battery in boot method, but couldn't get the timing right. Then, in exasperation, pushed the reset button on the teensy (with a jeweller's screwdriver, since this particular teensy is already embedded in a bike trailer), and...
  5. M

I gave my Teensy a virus, and now I can't flash it

Hey all, I think I've rendered my Teensy useless by uploading some code to it that makes the MCU go into sleep mode 3 seconds after it boots up. To make matters worse, I tweaked the code after loading it, so I don't have the exact code that is on it to debug. I'm using the LowPower library...
  6. M

Wake from sleep mode using keypad interrupt

Am I correct in assuming that the avr/interrupt.h libraries don't work with Teensy 3.0 and up? So, in effect, I can ignore the avr library-specific advice from the "Using interrupts on Teensy" page on the PJRC website?
  7. M

Wake from sleep mode using keypad interrupt

Hello all, I'm having trouble figuring out a way to wake from sleep mode using my 4x4 keypad. I'm trying to make it wake up when pin 15 changes I'm using the Keypad.h library, and the LowPower_Teensy3 library. Here is my code: #include <Keypad.h> #include <LowPower_Teensy3.h> TEENSY3_LP...
  8. M

UBX protocol help: configuring a NEO 6M Arduino GPS Module... Fletcher checksum?

Okay, here is the simplest test I can think of: Send PUBX commands to turn off all automatic NMEA messages Print any messages output by the GPS module to the serial monitor Here is what I see on the serial monitor (notice that all automated messages are still being sent! Serial monitor...
  9. M

UBX protocol help: configuring a NEO 6M Arduino GPS Module... Fletcher checksum?

I tried using Serial2.write(fullPacket, len+4); but it didn't work either. grrr!
  10. M

Hey, thanks for the suggestions guys. I've tried both suggestions, but they don't appear to make a difference. Also, it is worth mentioning that I tried the other UART port on the Teensy (Serial1), and it didn't work either.
  11. M

So I've been banging my head against my keyboard for a few days because I can't figure out how to get my new GPS shield to play nicely with my Teensy 3.1 (Arduino compatible) microcontroller. The GPS shield in question is iteaduino based, and can be seen here. I have no trouble using the...
  12. M

Teensy Code for GSM Geolocation with SIM900 module

Hi all, Well, I've been working on the Halifax Bike Trailer Sharing Project, which is a public/private partnership to deploy 3 prototype "smart" bicycle trailers throughout the city of Halifax this summer. The trailers are going to be equipped with a Teensy 3.1 controlling a locking mechanism...
  13. M

Can I use the GSM Library from Arduino?

Hey, Is the Teensy Compatible with the GSM library for Arduino? When I try to compile the TestModem Example of the Arduino website, it gives me the following error message: TestModem.ino: In function 'void loop()': TestModem:53: error: ambiguous overload for 'operator!=' in 'IMEI != 0'...
  14. M

Change bootloader - aka delete corrupt HalfKay

One of the makers at my local makers space suggested that I may have frigged up HalfKay, which would make sense judging by the behaviour I'm seeing. For example, when I plug in the usb to my Teensy, the previously loaded LED blink program executes, and stops executing when I push the reset key...
  15. M

Teensy 3.1 stopped being recognized by my PC

Thanks for the quick reply Paul! I'll be sending you an email in a second. Just out of curiosity, how come my verbose logs in the Teensy Loader were showing the keyboard HID number? Was the Teensy Loader mistaking my keyboard for a Teensy? Also, another update: I tried connecting my Teensy...
  16. M

UPDATE: After disabling all HID device drivers with vid:046D, the verbose log doesn't list any HID devices: I also tried starting Windows in safe mode. Device manager still didn't see the HalfKay HID device. Tried the above mentioned suggested solutions in safe mode as well, to no avail...
  17. M

Hi everyone, I have a Teensy 3.1 that was working really well up until last night, but now my PC and the Teensy Loader, and Arduino IDE can't seem to communicate with the Teensy any more. Here are my specs: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit OS Teensy 3.1 (product code MK20DX256) I was going through...
Back