Search results

1. W

unused pins of Audio board

I guess this is a question to Paul: can you confirm that the unused pins on the audio boards have no internal connection? Reason: I would like to stack two audio boards and use unused pins to pass relevant pins from second board to Teensy. I may do that for T3 and T4
  2. W

ILI9431 8bit parallel

I know, this may not be relevant for most of us, but I wanted to report it anyhow for the records. I needed something from local Conrad store (in DEU) and in order to justify the trip to town I took a "Touchscreen für Arduino Uno/Mega" from Tru Components to see if I can use it for Teensy...
  3. W

beware: Mouser.com makes problems with exporting Teensy 4.1

I only wanted to report that mouser.com refused to export Teemsy 4.1 to Germany (I ordered from mouser.de) I got the following statement This may be a single case, but once it happens, it is difficult to overcome.
  4. W

proper use of PSRAM

I wanted to know what the proper use of PSRAM is in relation to data cache I use PSRAM as huge databuffer in my recorder for this I plan to use the following (simple) Queue object where buffer may be initializes using EXTMEM class Data { public: Data(uint32_t * buffer) {...
  5. W

NS Blank RT Family

while trying to improve my code I got on Serial line the following message "(NS Blank RT Family (SE Blank RT Family (SP Blank RT Family (FR Blank RT Family" and ":NXP SemiConductors Inc :" embedded in unprintable characters. I guess I have some buffer overflow issue, but that is not the...
  6. W

Setting T4.x USB device speed to 12 MHz?

How to set the USB dev speed on T4.1 to 12 MHz? I wanted the connect to T4.1 USB via some connectors, but I only get unknown device on my PC. I suspect that the waveform gets disturbed too much when passing through non USB type connectors. For testing I wanted to use 12 MHz speed to see if this...
  7. W

Basic I2S Input Example for T4.x

The following code is a simple I2S input example that runs on T4.1. It can be configured to have multi channel TDM input for ether 16 or 32 bit for (nearly) arbitrary sampling frequency. It runs without Audio library and is only a demonstration on how it is or can be done. Edit the lines marked...
  8. W

vtable problem

I have the following problem this code (a minimal, single file version of the MTP-responder) #include "SD.h" class mSD_Base { public: mSD_Base(FS *sd) {sdx=sd;} File sd_open(uint32_t store, const char *filename, uint32_t mode) { if(!cs || (cs[store]<256)) return ((SDClass...
  9. W

Switching off SPI begin/endTransaction for high-speed SPI transfer?

I realized that transfer speed to microSD SPI cards could be improved by switching off begin/endTransactions. I understand the use of transactions allows flexibility for using different SPI devices in the same Bus. But if I need fasted speed (e.g. data logging) then every little bit counts...
  10. W

cores/fs.h

@Paul, now that you provide a cores-based fs.h and an adaption of SD, what would be your suggestions concerning other file systems (SdFAT-beta, uSdFS etc. etc.) to avoid future compatibility issues? For the time being I always delete SD library and avoid to include complete Audio.h (which wanted...
  11. W

Custom USB build option for Teensy Arduino IDE

For some advanced or special use of Teensy it may be interesting to have custom USB stacks (e.g. one or two USB devices, MSC device etc) With Teensy3 it is possible to use No USB. Not sure what happens if user selects No USB but implements custom USB stack (I recall vaguely that someone has done...
  12. W

MTP responder on Teensy USB2

After, porting MTP responder to Teensy 4.0, I needed it to port it to USBHS of Teensy3.6. So Teensy3.6 could now have MTP responder on slow primary USB or on USBHS (used for USBHost). As I work with makefile (VSCode) it was easy to generate a own USB2_MTPDISK_SERIAL to trigger software...
  13. W

Weird behavior of SerialMonitor

I face the following issue: Trying to use MTP-Disk with USB-Serial the TD-SerialMonitor is only showing data in blocks (every 10 seconds data are printed) using Putty, data are printed very quickly line-by-line and not in bursts. Further, I cannot use automode for download (i.e. butto-press is...
  14. W

USB for T4.0

I´m struggling with the T4.0 USB implementation. I try to implement the MTPDISK feature, which I urgently need on T4.0. So, I try to learn from existing implementation. At the moment I fail to understand the following snippet int usb_rawhid_recv(void *buffer, uint32_t timeout) { uint32_t...
  15. W

issue to reporogram T4.0

I have the following scenario T4 with coin cell for RTC connected to PC-USB. (T4 is soldered to revD audioboard, no external power) SW shuts down Teensy (turns off power). (SNVS_LPCR |=(1<<6) ; ) (T4 will be woken-up later by RTC alarm) At this point T4 cannot be reprogrammed anymore no...
  16. W

T4 , set_arm_clock and micros()?

I get wrong values using micros() after changing CPU speed with set_arm_clock on a T4. #if defined(__IMXRT1062__) extern "C" uint32_t set_arm_clock(uint32_t frequency); #endif void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: #if defined(__IMXRT1062__) set_arm_clock(24000000); //...
  17. W

T4 RTC wake-up

maybe I missed it. I can program the RTC alarm and shutdown the RTC, but I miss the link that tells the imxrt1062 to reboot on RTC alarm. So any advice that is more specific than decoding the reference manual?
  18. W

Another Broken T3.6?

Scenario I have a T3.6 connected to an IMU and custom Audio board. Running on battery (DC-DC converted to 6V on Vin and Vin-USB cut) System is running for some time now (on demand power will be connected) It is programmed for MTP-Disk (i.e seremu) Now, 'suddenly', during field test yesterday...
  19. W

zeroFS

I wanted to improve disk write speed for data loggers (minimizing FS based delays) and came up with zeroFS. It writes data strictly (nearly) sequential to disk. It provides filing without the complexity of a full-blown FS. It implements MTP to access data from PC. If someone wanted to play...
  20. W

Serial or Seremu

This is question to USB exerts (especially @Paul) I'm playing with MTP and got the experimental MTP running T3.5/6 with PC-Win10 but I realized that Paul implemted usb_desc differently than @hubbe In particular I have #elif defined(USB_MTPDISK) //#define PJRC_ #if defined(PJRC_) #define...
  21. W

Usb or not ?

I have the following question: who does initiate the USB communication (enumeration?)? does it the device as soon it gets 5V? or is it the host as soon it sees load on 5V line? I hunch is that it is the device, but I would like to have confirmation from someone knowledgeable. Reason for...
  22. W

Overclocking SGTL5000

Some of us are oversampling the SGTL in the audiocard. Yesterday, I did some test to see how the performance varies for different sampling frequencies. The test program and the result are published here on my github The results in a nutshell: oversampling can work to at least 240 kHz at 360 kHz...
  23. W

CSAC + Teensy

I would like to condition the Teensy 3.6 Xtal with a CSAC SA.45s (Chip Scale Atomic Clock) The CSAC gives me 10MHz signal and obviously a PPS. The teensy will be used in variable temperature environments (0 to 20 deg. Celsius) so I expect that its Xtal will change significantly and...
  24. W

Reading Teensy internal temperature sensor

I wanted to read on a T3.6 the internal temperature sensor. So, I said: lets see the tutorial. In fact there is an example "TemperatureScaled" Only, I do not get it working. first, there is an analogRead(1), which gives me random varying values second, once I changed it to analogRead(70)...
  25. W

Teensy connected to Olimex Lime2

I wanted to connect teensy 3.6 to Olimex Lime2 running Linux. In particular, I wanted to use the Olimex not only to interface to Teensy for data exchange (USB,SPI,I2C) but also for downloading Hex files using the CLI. even if my Linux is somewhat rusty (all my experience is pre-distribution...
  26. W

High-Speed ADC Logger with Audio Library

triggered by recent discussions on the forum, I implemented a High-Speed data logger based on the audio library Objective -use audio library -sample Teensy build in ADC at, say 196 kHz -use queue object to provide acquisition buffer -use Bill Greiman sdFS for logging on Teensy3.6 build in uSD...
  27. W

Issue with analog.c

I try to modify resolution and averaging of ADC object but it fails /* * Simple ADC test */ #include "input_adc.h" #include "record_queue.h" #define STEP 0 // GUItool: begin automatically generated code AudioInputAnalog adc1; //xy=165,237 AudioRecordQueue queue1...
  28. W

Visual Micro and rtc_localtime symbol

A question to all Visual Micro users (Stevech?) I realize that VM (VS2017) does not pass a 'proper' value for 'rtc_localtime' definition to the linker. e.g. Arduino sends '1515145932' but VM sends '32456683' more or less at the same time obviously, the two timestamps are years apart any...
  29. W

Arduino tem file directory not found

I get recently not unfrequently an error like In fact, checking the Temp folder a directory of this name does not exist. more, all build directories are gone. This on Win10, Arduino 1.8.2, TD 1.83b3 This happens when I let Arduino IDE open for a couple of hours without doing anything. any...
  30. W

Stacking of two Teensies

OK, I need more processing power for I2S data processing I'm considering to simply stack one teensy over another. the two teensy will run different programs on the same I2S data I assume I cannot simply solder all pins together. In particular I assume that all 3.3V output cannot be connected...
  31. W

Serial comm isssue.

Now, I have a weird problem, System Win10 Arduino1.8.3 TD1.38b3. Teensy3.6, 96 MHz, faster Simple blink program with wait for Serial and serial printout in loop void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: pinMode(13,OUTPUT)...
  32. W

some simple mathematical exercises

I tried to implement some simple mathematical functions for integer arithmetic In particular I needed a complex absolute and phase values for integer (short) I recall that Paul did a fast Hires sine using Taylor series and KINETISK DSP functions so, I did some small development, which I like...
  33. W

HiRes Spectra with LoRes FFT

I'm trying to implement a method to estimate HiRes spectra with LoRes FFT I did some simulation with Matlab and thought I would share the result and a little bit of theory with the community. I will next try to implement for Teensy and share for general usage. Note, this method does not use...
  34. W

Yet another SimpleAudioLogger

I implemented another AudioLogger it takes i2s input (dual/quad) and passes on to usb and uSD I tested it with ICS4343x digital microphones it consist on an ino file and two include files the file "record_logger.h" implements a template based "multi-channel uSD logger" the file "mfs.h" acts as...
  35. W

Audio tool help needed

while playing around for another thread I came across a nasty problem I execute the following sketch #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated code AudioSynthToneSweep tonesweep1...
  36. W

DMA priority confusion

I'm stumbling over the following (possible semantic) issue AFAIK, the different DMA channels have different priorities. let us assume the priorities are not modified and are the default ones. My understanding is that DMA channel 0 (at address 4000_8100) has priority 3 (DMA_DCHPRI3), DMA...
  37. W

Floating Point Biquad

triggered by other thread I played around with audio biquad filtering I wanted to use CMSIS floating point within (together with) audio library so I came up with the attached test It has an example ino file and two files to be placed with the ino file everyone interested may play with them...
  38. W

FPGA for Teensy?

Yes, I need more processing power! I realize that Paul has done a FPGA based mp3 player, or so, some time ago. I was wondering, if there could be a FPGA board for Teensy, programmable via Teensy?
  39. W

changing include order?

Is it possible to tell Arduino to put the cores/teensy3 includes AFTER the local library includes? Or is this fixed? Edit: To give the issue I like to use functionality of latest CMSIS DSP library (copied lo local library) WITHOUT editing core's arm_math.h Unfortunately Include sequence...
  40. W

audio delay?

I need some advice from audio experts, i.e. someone who is used to listen to teensy audio, being it audioboard or other audio devices I setup following system - ICS43432 I2S microphone sampled at 48 kHz (139 samples DMA interrupt interval) - 139 to 128 sample conversion step (incl. 32 to 16 bit...
  41. W

Audio resampling

I face the following problem I wanted to do some audio processing on teensy with sampling frequencies higher than 44.1 kHz. OK, this is easy, but I wanted to use the usb-audio to listen to the acquired sound in real time. First thought: modify usb-audio for other than 44.1 kHz, but this would...
  42. W

USB-Audio

This is most likely a question for Paul. I'm investigating if I could (mis)use the usb-audio for speeds other than 44.1 kHz. I found 2 places where 44.1 kHz is hard coded. (one 44100 as response to '0x81A2' setup request (usb_dev.c) and with 44/45 samples per millisecond (usb_audio.cpp))...
  43. W

'priority' of main()?

Is it fair to assume that main() or any function called directly from main (e.g. loop()) has LOWEST priority? In other words: ANY ISR will ALLWAYS interrupt main() of functions called from main()?
  44. W

Strange blink - USB behavior on Win10

The following sketch does not behave as expected Win10 A1.8.2 T1.36b4 Teensy T3.36 //========================================================================= void blink(uint16_t msec) { digitalWriteFast(13,!digitalReadFast(13)); delay(msec); }...
  45. W

Teensy 3.6 reference board

I got me some T3.6 reference boards https://www.oshpark.com/shared_projects/XbimUyLX from OSHpark I got also the new MKL04 bootloader chip. so far so good. I guess the following is really a comment/question/request to Paul It would facilitate usage of the T3.6 ref board, if - the BOM would be...
  46. W

SPI with simulated chip select

I'm facing the following problem I wanted from my T3.2 to access 3 SPI devices (ADS1282 ADCs), that do not have a ChipSelect (better, I could not find them) The ADCs are running continuously, so reset/sync/powerdown are not an option. I need the chip select for selectively writing to / reading...
  47. W

Wiz850io on Teensy LC?

I know that Teensy LC (TLC) has limited RAM and Flash. But I plan to use it with a Wiz850io to interface a custom Analogue adapter board to the Internet. Question is now, if the different Ethernet libraries are suited (small enough) to run on TLC? I may need NTP, UDP, and TCP, and run a small...
  48. W

Low Noise Clock Generation

For an SPI-ADC I need a master clock of exactly 4096 kHz. I wanted this clock as Low noise as possible (jitter etc.) At the moment I mis-use the I2S master clock generated from the 16 MHz oscillator (so only 1 PLL involved) and it works fine, as far as I can tell. The question now is, are...
  49. W

Cmsis rtos?

We are using CMSIS DSP software for teensy. what about the other CMSIS products, e.g. RTOS? Any good, or too much Keil oriented?
  50. W

Limitation of DMA_MAX_CHANNELS to 16?

@Paul, What is the reason you limited the max number of DMA_channels to 16?
Back