Search results

1. A

Simulating Bill Cipher

Thanks Paul, I ended up using #11 code in this thread : https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/54058-Vader-voice-changer?highlight=dalek and I only tweaked the parameters (using a slightly high pitch instead of a low one) and it worked like a charm ! Thanks, Avi
  2. A

Simulating Bill Cipher

Dear all, I am trying to construct an emulation of Bill Cipher voice (from Gravity Falls) (this is for a costume for my 8 year old son) here is an explanation of how to create the voice effect in Audacity : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Jvl3JKHsA I have tried my best to simulate this in...
  3. A

Latest Windows 10 update issue

I updated to Teensyduino 1.43 and Arduino 1.8.6 and everything's working properly...Thanks to all !
  4. A

Thanks for the quick reply Paul, Mine says : Version 1803 OS build 17134.285 Teensyduino 1.38-beta2 Arduino 1.8.2
  5. A

Dear All, I have installed the latest Windows 10 update and now my teensy is not recognized ! the led flickered once and then seemed to shut down completely... anyone else with this problem ? Thanks, Avi
  6. A

A Question about Peak

thanks...for some reason I saw it reversed,don't know how I could have missed that...
  7. A

A Question about Peak

Sorry if this is a trivial question, I will be glad to any answer...
  8. A

A Question about Peak

Hey guys, I have a question about the Peak function from the audio library, I am attaching the code here for reference : This is analyse_peak.h : #ifndef analyze_peakdetect_h_ #define analyze_peakdetect_h_ #include "Arduino.h" #include "AudioStream.h" class AudioAnalyzePeak : public...
  9. A

A problem using the Audio library and ADC library

Hey guys, I am experiencing a strange problem using Pedvide's (great) ADC library and the audio library : I am trying to read a (10k linear) pot while reading an audio input through the adc, here is my code : #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> #include...
  10. A

FFT code question

...then I still do not understand where is the zero coming from : *buf here is an int16_t, it gets the value val>>15 and then we advance it by 2 which seems to imply that the next sample - (buf+1) - was zeroed which is not done explicitly anywhere in the code
  11. A

FFT code question

Ok, I think I understand what the "endianness" property means but I just want to make sure I understand the code correctly : in : static void apply_window_to_fft_buffer(void *buffer, const void *window) { int16_t *buf = (int16_t *)buffer; const int16_t *win = (int16_t *)window;; for (int...
  12. A

FFT code question

that makes sense, but shouldn't this be the other way around ? It says here that the input to the fft should be : {real[0], imag[0], real[1], imag[1],..} so shouldn't the "bottom" value be the zero ? I see why this does not matter in computing the magnitude but in general, if one wants to run...
  13. A

FFT code question

Thanks, I see what I missed : In the code static void copy_to_fft_buffer(void *destination, const void *source) { const uint16_t *src = (const uint16_t *)source; uint32_t *dst = (uint32_t *)destination; for (int i=0; i < AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES; i++) { *dst++ = *src++; // real sample plus a...
  14. A

FFT code question

Dear All, I found an apparent contradiction in the analyze_fft1024.cpp code, I would be much obliged if anyone could resolve this : On the one hand in the function copy_to_fft_buffer, there's the loop : for (int i=0; i < AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES; i++) { *dst++ = *src++; // real sample plus a...
  15. A

Pin assignment on FreqCount

Thanks for the answers, the frequency is about 1 Mhz so I guess freqcount is better but luckily I do not need an audio input, but for general knowledge and for the benefit of those who may need it : when you say "quad channel input" do you mean one should use two audio adapters stacked on one...
  16. A

Pin assignment on FreqCount

Dear all, I am trying to use FreqCount library (on teensy 3.2) together with the audio shield. however the only pin available for use in FreqCount is pin 13 while this pin cannot be used while using the audio shield. What would be the easiest solution for this ? Thanks in adavance, A.H.
  17. A

problem with buttons and audio

much obliged for the detailed answer !
  18. A

thanks for the reply, It was very helpful. Indeed I now see that pins 0 through 8 work just fine, then which pins are "disallowed" as buttons when using the audio shield ? I did not see this written explicitly anywhere : for example the pins written as VOL SCLK and RX are supposedly "used" but I...
  19. A

Dear All, I am encountering a strange problem with operating a button while using the audio adapter. I have one button with one end wired to ground and the other to pin 22 I am using teensy 3.2 but I have encountered the problem with two other teensy3.1 boards (all soldered to the audio...
  20. A

Help with delay effect

...Ok, found it : The problem was in AudioMemory(20) I should have allocated more memory (around 100 seems fine) hope this helps someone in the same situation
  21. A

Help with delay effect

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a simple delay effect on a signal however I am not getting a clean delay sound but rather some kind of white noise instead of the delay. Can anyone reproduce this ? There does not seem to be a hardware problem since I can compile and listen to the examples...
  22. A

Audio teensy gui help

got it, thanks !
  23. A

Cortex m4 dsp guidance

Ok, thanks for the answer. I will try to implement inverse FFT and publish it in the forum.
  24. A

Cortex m4 dsp guidance

Thanks, this was helpful. I am browsing through : http://www.keil.com/pack/doc/CMSIS/DSP/html/index.html I see that there is indeed no preprogrammed function to compute LPC. I also saw that there is an inverse FFT, why was it not implemented in the audio library ? is it a matter of computing...
  25. A

Audio teensy gui help

Dear All, Could someone please explain to me how can I edit the Audio Design GUI tool, In particular how can I add new objects ? sorry if this was asked before, I could not find it. Thanks
  26. A

Cortex m4 dsp guidance

Dear all, I would like to write some new objects for the audio library (I am using the audio adapter). I am trying to find a clear documentation of the available instructions in the "Cortex M4 DSP" but I cannot find any helpful link. Does anyone know of a good reference ? In particular I am...
  27. A

Drum Module Help

I would like to share the best I got so far. It does sound quite good and I think the only way to make it better is to construct better physical drum pads (a la yamaha digital drum kits). In any case this is the analog part, i.e. the peak holder circuit : this is for two drums, the parts are ...
  28. A

Drum Module Help

Ok, I will try that. Thanks for the help.
  29. A

Drum Module Help

but it is not just a trigger, I use the actual value of the peak to control the volume of the appropriate input to the mixer.
  30. A

Drum Module Help

Thanks for your reply. I already did that - I am using a (very simple) peak holder using LM324 which gives good results. Actually everything works great and the only problem is I cannot realize the setting I published above since I cannot define more than one AudioInputAnalog (hence I can use...
  31. A

Drum Module Help

I am trying to build a (very basic) drum module using teensy (3.1) and the audio shield this is my setup : where each piezo is connected to on an analog pin mediated by the adc-s. However I found out that having more than one AudioInputAnalog is impossible (the program compiles but there is...
  32. A

Drum Trigger

Hey, I am actually not quite sure about that circuit, I did try it out but the values specified did not seem to work. I am also not clear about the lower circuit in the drawing (with the LMC7660), its purpose and how does it fit in with the upper circuit. In any case I am beginning the audio...
  33. A

Drum Trigger

Hey guys, I would like to report on my progress for the benefit of anyone else trying to conduct a similar project (or even just use a pressure sensitive sensor) : After some searching in the web I realized it would be better to use an "active peak detector" circuit, see for example ...
  34. A

Drum Trigger

Hey Guys, Thanks for your replies. I tried robsoles's suggestion and it did make the piezo somewhat less sensitive, I also tried DaveB's suggestion but I only added a 0.1uF capacitor, the other components did not seem to be necessary. Basically the picture I now get (recall I am using...
  35. A

Drum Trigger

Dear all, First let me say thanks to paul for this wonderful project. I honestly do not know if I would get so much into electronics (as a hobbyist) without this project. My aim this summer is to build an electronic drum set for my 4 year old son. My current set-up so far is this : * For the...
  36. A

Freeverb for teensy

improved example I have improved my example to include a "wet" and "dry" mix and I increased the number of LBCF to 16 as originally intended (8 for each channel) and also 2 AP filters.Some samples sound good but I feel that it takes its toll on the processor so you should play around with the...
  37. A

Freeverb for teensy

Dear all, I have written the two building blocks of the freeverb algorithm as defined in https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/pasp/Freeverb.html (I basically edited Paul's biquad filter code, as Paul himself suggests). Installation is very easy : you should add the two lines : #include...
  38. A

Developing new Audio objects

Dear all, I would like to develop some new audio objects for the good of the community. my strong suit is math and (theoretical) computer science, I know how to program but I did not have a chance to program a micro-controller so far, so please bear with me : My first question is this : I...
  39. A

Teensy 3.1 and Audio Adapter : Compilation problems

I have recently installed the audio board to my Teensy 3.1. While some of the examples in Audio-Master Library work great, for example PlayFromSketch and PlayWavFromSdCard, I am experiencing a strange compilation error in each program which uses the AudioSynthWaveform class : For example, in...
Back