Search results

1. M

A problem using the Audio library and ADC library

I believe I found it. While this is still a feature request, you'll need to edit the Audio library to disable the Internal 1.2V reference that the Audio Library calls for. If you update your Teensy libraries... You'll need to make this edit again. Many other forums say to edit the files, in any...
  2. M

ADC library, with support for Teensy 4, 3.x, and LC

SOLVED: Pedvide, it maybe helpful to add a tip to the Audio support, users may need to manually edit the Audio library and disable internal reference. adc->setReference(ADC_REF_3V3, ADC_1) has no effect, must be overwritten by the Audio library which sets to 1V2. Easy fix but difficult to...
  3. M

A problem using the Audio library and ADC library

Did anyone make any progress on this? I just updated my Teensy+Arduino package and noticed a similiar issue emerge. Previously, I believe I had AudioInputAnalog and adc->analogRead(readPin, ADC_1) functioning together. I was trying to do some research and code-tinkering to get this working...
  4. M

Teensy 3.1, MPU6050 and I2C

Hmm... I'm not sure I can be of much help here but I have had similar problems with my Teensy3.1 and MPU-6050 (GYU### breakout) I'm using the i2cdev library https://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/tree/master/Arduino/MPU6050 My problem almost sounds like the opposite (but maybe just language...
  5. M

Open source wearable LED display

Ah! Yeah local support would be a powerful motivator for myself as well! Thanks for your response, goodluck!
  6. M

Options for AnalogRead while AudioInputAnalog in Audio Library

I'm reposting this here, just for the sake of anyone Googling, it's sure to get lost in the ADC Master thread. http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/25532-ADC-library-update-now-with-support-for-Teensy-3-1
  7. M

ADC library, with support for Teensy 4, 3.x, and LC

Pedvide, this works fantastic! I numbers I get from my log scale light sensor are much more stable. Your library is certainly advanced but the more I read, I realized it is incredibly well documented! Thank you! I found this image helpful for those trying to figure out which pins are on ADC0...
  8. M

Teensy at Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Woah! For a minute I thought I was watching Monster Garage does pumpkins! (U.S. TV show... sorry y'all!)
  9. M

Open source wearable LED display

Wow! Congrats guys on pushing this far, presentation looks great! Out of curiosity, how did you arrive at Indiegogo? Comparing Kickstarter to IGG has been on my todo list, but from a product perspective, my survey of lighting projects on the two was surprising!
  10. M

Newbie help with 3.1 Teensy and servo's

With all due respect Raflyer -and I'm new to forums also- but I believe you'll get the most help when your post suggests you've spent at least several hours digging around online, and have discovered the basics of what you are trying to accomplish. You might try getting a few servos going first...
  11. M

Thank you to both! I've closed issue 90, it is not really relevant anymore. If issue 94 is solved I think we'd be in a great spot for flexibility and functionality, and I completely understand your timeline Paul! You are a busy guy and I believe all of us Teensy users are grateful for it...
  12. M

Teensyduino on bare chip

I've been curious about this too, however at the smaller quantities I am looking at I don't see it saving any money... Paul's MINI is $8 plus the 3.1 chip ~$7 is only $2 shy of OSH Park's Teensy 3.1. And after reading other threads about traces running near the crystal, I decided it wasn't worth...
  13. M

Pedvide, as you've been looking into making the ADC library compatible with the Audio Library (or AudioInputAnalog), do you expect to only be able to access the other ADC that isn't being used to sample/stream audio? Is it possible to perform an analogRead in-between audio sampling? Or is that...
  14. M

Problems using Adafruit electret mic amp and Audio library

-Er Paul, he doesn't want to buy one! >_< but maybe he should if he is concerned about quality. I think he is using the wrong circuit, that circuit appears similar to this one, designed for audio output to headphones. He would want a circuit which passes a floating DC signal right? Theman, I...
  15. M

Problem with Audio Peak-Object

I just played with the Peak Mono example using my analog Mic... The peak function returns the value of the greatest amplitude in the latest sample. I'm guessing you'll need to move that sample into an array of previous values. I'm actually looking into analyzing past samples. And how to set up...
  16. M

Problem with Audio Peak-Object

Hi Ben, I didn't check this thoroughly, but to start with it looks like you need to declare audio memory in setup(). I pulled this from the Peak example, but you might need more than 4 blocks. AudioMemory(4); I love my OSHPurple Teensy too! ;)
  17. M

analogWrite() Max Value in Question

Thanks for the tip Michael! ;) I'm using this now! I'll have to read up more on bitwise in general!
  18. M

analogRead ( A15-A20 ) works! I'm not sure if there is any interference, but the 6 analog input pins ( 26-31 ) can by used in parallel with Audio Input Analog + FFT analysis. I noticed AudioInputAnalog didn't have any of the #ifdef for the dual-adc Teensy 3.1 in the analog input setup... Sure...
  19. M

analogWrite() Max Value in Question

Well, I need to go edit some code now! int analogWriteMaxValue = ( pow( 2, analogWriteResValue) -1 ) //wrong int analogWriteMaxValue = pow( 2, analogWriteResValue) //right!
  20. M

Hi Paul, I've put a PM out to Pedro, but presently even " #include <ADC.h> " will break the AudioInputAnalog object/ADC configuration. I'll keep everyone updated, but presently it looks like I'll have to find something else for FFT analysis from an analog Mic. The interface and performance of...
  21. M

For documentation's sake, here is what doesn't work on my Teensy3.1: - Initially tried the interrupt disable commands, this seems wrong after trying to understand the analog input functions. AudioNoInterrupts(); analogRead(anyPin); AudioInterrupts(); //also __disable_irq()...
  22. M

Happiness with PCB Fab House

I've only done my first board with OSH park, but I found them very helpful and responsive ( I was inquiring about rush and production times ). My boards were nearly perfect from a production standpoint. A friend complains about OSH park, saying it's a lottery which fab you get (and thus quality)...
  23. M

Newbie help with 3.1 Teensy and servo's

I can't help with much of this but just to get you started with your servos it sounds like you need to use these Teensy 3.x pwm commands they allow you to change the PWM resolution. Theres also analogReadRes( bits ), I believe 13 bit resolution is the highest recommended, although you can go...
  24. M

With my teensy3.1 and existing PCB for my interactive sound/light project I am attempting to implement the fantastic Audio library FFT analysis. My T3.1 takes input from an Adafruit mic, an analog light sensor, and also analog Read from a voltage divider. The current audio library 1.02 does not...
  25. M

INPUT, pinMode not declared Compiler Error with #ifdef and Classes

Thanks for the clarification! I went back and played with this... and strangely the error is completely gone, regardless of the syntax mentioned above. ... I'll be proceeding with caution. The #ifdef isn't very clean in my implementation, but it is convenient to have one piece of software work...
  26. M

Alright, restarted with a simplified approach. Was compiling frequently, then hit the same problem, but I was able to take a few steps back and saw I had accidentally nested #ifdef statements. I saw this trick online, but I didn't consider that I had an #ifdef in the code I was to mark as old...
  27. M

Teensy + Audio Library + Smart Matrix Library = not working

I've worked with the CMSIS DSP library a bit after discovering it in this guide: https://learn.adafruit.com/fft-fun-with-fourier-transforms . Tony Dicola's implementation is extremely versatile, but it can be simplified to save some time. Unfortunately it does not have the deep performance...
  28. M

I am trying to learn/implement classes in my program, however I have hit a strange compiler error that I can't solve. Some how there references to the Teensyduino libraries are getting broken. However this only happens in one case. I am not confident in my implementation, and use of static...
  29. M

Paul, thanks for the tip and clarification! Your hinting at Github right? Okay, I will get on there! https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio
  30. M

I had a similar issue using the same mic, the problem is the Internal Voltage Reference is enabled in the library, meaning Teensy only looks for voltages from 0.0-1.2v, while the mic floats at 1/2 of 3.3v (1.65v). //analogReference(INTERNAL); // range 0 to 1.2 volts The only fix I am aware...
  31. M

(Awesome) Audio Library: FFT & analogReference

First of all, Thank you to all who contributed to this library, it is simply impressive! I'm not creating any sounds but began investigating when I saw the FFT_1024 running at 86Hz! (versus my FFT_64 @ 69Hz -built upon Tony DiCola's FFT demo). Along the way I ran into a few questions: 1) ADC1(...
Back