Search results

1. 3D Joy

Prop Shield Beta Test

Sorry to derail too much. Yeah they work at 3.3V here too but not after 24'' of 144/m APA102. I'd like to get more than double that and I know I can use the level shifters mentioned everywhere here on this forum but I'm lazy and frankly not very smart so I need something more plug and play...
  2. 3D Joy

Prop Shield Beta Test

Well Paul if you don't fully understand something I'm really out of this loop. Thanks for all that are participating in the developpement of the prop shield. Seriously all I need to do is make APA102 LEDs work with the teensy so should I wait or use the OCTOWS2811 shield? I don't need the gyro...
  3. 3D Joy

15 Teensy's and counting.

I am very impressed.
  4. 3D Joy

LED Statue

Get a gas powered soldering iron? A small generator?
  5. 3D Joy

Appropriate Level Shifting IC to interface Teensy LC to 5V chip

Not to go too much out of line with the thread but may I ask if these would work fine for Teensy 3.1 and APA102C LEDs ?
  6. 3D Joy

looking for very high density LED strip

Excuse my ignorance if its very obvious to others but arent the Teensy's outputs at 3.3V and these LEDs need 5V signals to work properly? It is my understanding that you would need something like https://www.adafruit.com/product/1787 to get voltages strong enough for the strip of LEDs.
  7. 3D Joy

Can I remove the RJ45 plugs from OctoWS2811

OK thanks alot. I did the cut, removed the 8 ground pins completely and then soldered 8 new signal wires that go to 8 radio controlled type plugs. These have 3 wires (pos, neg and signal) so they are perfect cabling to power WS2812b LED strips. 22Ga is sufficient for the lenghts I'm doing...
  8. 3D Joy

Can I remove the RJ45 plugs from OctoWS2811

I would like to cut off the RJ45 connectors and simply solder the signal wires directly to the OctoWS2811. Ground and positive wires will be all soldered together to an appropriate power supply. Am I going to cut something I can't see if I go along the red line in the picture? Thanks
  9. 3D Joy

Persistence of vision in an RC plane

If that matters, all the LED strips I ordered are 60 pixels/m 5050 leds.
  10. 3D Joy

Persistence of vision in an RC plane

Alright, I somehow got myself into POV. The RC plane part is very easy for me, been doing that for 20 years. The POV and the microcontrollers are all new to me though but I've done quite a bit of web surfing and I think I have most of the hardware needed to setup something on my plane. So far I...
Back