Search results

1. fms1961

Teensy 4.0 Release

Congratulations to you new masterpiece, Paul! I hope it will be available in germany soon ... (EXP-TECH or Watterott I presume ...) Due to my daily professional work I switched to Mongoose OS and ESP32, but maybe I will be able to use the Teensy as a core controller for an APA102 LED project...
  2. fms1961

Audio Library and LED components question

Yeah, the lack of clear documentation. So the new defaults are making sense. Thanks for the clarification!
  3. fms1961

I tried to reproduce the measurements Paul published here - and I can't reproduce his results. However, under slightly different circumstances: since my ESP32 system cannot clock SPI at 24MHz without problems, so I go from 1 to 8 MHz and the problems do not occur. I think that 24MHz is too fast...
  4. fms1961

Indeed, that's why you have to add some additional "recreational" clock cylces at the end of the transmission, depending on the count of the LEDs, if not, some data will stay unhandled. I added this into my SPI transmission length calculation (wrote my own library) - and I'm driving a 660 LED...
  5. fms1961

It could be that I missed some information here.... since I am currently on the road professionally in the context of ESP32 and Mongoose OS (the omnipresent IoT topic...), it is exactly the opposite in this world: APA102 is non-blocking (hardware SPI), WS2812 blocked (GPIO bitbanging). I'm sorry...
  6. fms1961

If you have the need of the fastest solution, I suggest to use APA102 LEDs instead of WS2812 or similar. Because of the odd signal protocol which is mostly implemented as a bitbanging function, this will use or block a lot of device performance. So the APA102 are controlled via SPI, this is...
  7. fms1961

Visualize frequency responses with the serial plotter of the Arduino IDE

Moved the source files to Gitlab now.
  8. fms1961

Project "Seenthysizer"

Thank you for the file, works like a charm! See? :cool: :)
  9. fms1961

Project "Seenthysizer"

Nice project! Would it be possible to post a list of the used CC numbers and data? So I may write a GUI useable on my Mac ... ;-) P.S.: Way better - Ctrlt runs on macOS already, so then the panel file would help a lot ... THX!
  10. fms1961

E-paper and Teensy

Perhaps we might recall the good old german "Sammelbestellung" (bulk order of multiple customers) and lower the shipping costs a little ... :)
  11. fms1961

E-paper and Teensy

Has anyone collected experience with this interesting project? Teensy e-paper shield Looks very promising.
  12. fms1961

Funny? Teensy bricker with a degree ... ;-)

Indeed, sometimes a little nice story cheers up the mood ... :)
  13. fms1961

Funny? Teensy bricker with a degree ... ;-)

Just as funny (or should I say: sad?) story ... How to easily brick a Teensy without any lines of code or even without any power supply ... Well, the first case goes some month back ... I read in some comments of Paul, that the micro USB port of the Teensy is very sensitive in terms of...
  14. fms1961

K66 Beta Test

Nice ... not days needed but minutes ... to achieve the goal! Congratulations, Paul, this speeks for itself! :cool: ... and counting!
  15. fms1961

K66 Beta Test

Unfortuanltely I'm only #10 ... and still waiting for the beta board (it's underway, but postage is somehow slow, but no complaining ...)
  16. fms1961

Audio System Design Tool: Renaming nodes bug

No mystery at all ... Throw a look into the github repository and you'll find out who has fixed the code.
  17. fms1961

K66 Beta Test

Indeed, but for development purposes, you will be happy to have an ethernet alternative to avoid the "chicken-and-egg-problem".
  18. fms1961

K66 Beta Test

I feel honored as well. Robin is informed. THX a lot!
  19. fms1961

This wasn't me ... no undeserved honor, please! :)
  20. fms1961

Well, the old lack of time problem ... I will not have any free resources in the next four weeks ... Sorry! But after this period I may look into the problem, it's not very much to fix, I'm sure.
  21. fms1961

Teensy 3.2 as HMI display (Editor development)

Well, as there is no real discussion going on and my answers/proposals stay unanswered, I'll stop my little project at this position, because my time is limited. I thought there would be more users who needs such an interactive display, but as I see, it's not so important, so I may use this...
  22. fms1961

No one complains, this should only be a little joke with a big smile ... Well, the principle is the same - I started a editor on my own, which might be very comfortable, but the I looekd into CodePaint which alloes to describe alle UI controls/symbols in SVG and provides functionality to...
  23. fms1961

If you read carefully all the posts concerning this theme (ok, they are a little scattered around in the forums themes ...) you will find out: that's just our goal! :D :cool:
  24. fms1961

Hm ... it's silent in this thread, so I'm asking myself if this little "project" is worth looking into and adding some more effort, or will it just "dry out" because of the lack of interest? So my questions are: - is there an interest in such an own HMI display solution? - must we write the...
  25. fms1961

Oh, I was too fast ... I see ... I'm sorry, this bug is known and had been eliminated, there must have been some version mismatch, so that this ol' bug came up again (or the fix never was correctly deployed ...) ... I'm looking into it ...
  26. fms1961

The main problem is, that when changing the name, the form must be confirmed with an explicit click on "Ok". If not, the change will not be set and thus also not exported. When confirming with "Ok", all changes are exported as well. #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool: begin automatically...
  27. fms1961

We are not the first thinking in that direction: Transcompile Arduio TFT GUI Sketch from SVG File PaintCode adds the transformation/transition functionality, so I think a reparsing of the generated source will be the fastest way.
  28. fms1961

I just added a little demo video I made this afternoon - no line of code was written, I took a knob SVG picture and animated it ... Very nice ... just look into my dropbox ...
  29. fms1961

A quick question aside - as the development of the editor is frozen a little because the lack of time on my side, I wonder, if someone might know about the tool "PaintCode" für the Mac (for Swift, Objective C or C#) which also allows to generate GUI elements and export them as drawing routines...
  30. fms1961

Frank: I've bought this oven some month ago: https://www.beta-estore.com/rkuk/order_product_details.html?wg=1&p=13 - perhaps I should give it a try and solder some of your boards ...
  31. fms1961

Teensy Audio Board fried by external amp - recommended amp specs?

Perhaps this one helps: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/32445-Attach-Class-D-via-I2S
  32. fms1961

@Frank B: the board arrived today, THX! S0o I only have to wait for the display itself (I gave my last one to my son ...)
  33. fms1961

A new version of the TCD-Editor is availabe at my Github repository - be aware it's an early alpha version! There are some more steps to walk until some data might be generated and dumped to the Teensy ...
  34. fms1961

TeensyTransfer

I thought I offered my support with my last post ... Xcode is up to date ... so tell me what to do ... (perhaps via e-mail in German, this will be way faster ...) I quote an exerpt from stackoverflow: For Linux, there is a prebuilt GCC cross-compiler (from publicly available Apple's modified...
  35. fms1961

TeensyTransfer

If you need a Mac developer - here I am ... :cool: Will we use the tool together with the TCD-Editor?
  36. fms1961

A little description what data we need to transfer to the Teensy (TCD-Editor = Teensy Controlled Display - Editor ...) 1. Several pages will be possible 2. a page contains the following: page ID (unique) background image or CSS style optional title opt. page browser (first/prev/next/last) list...
  37. fms1961

Well, the editor starts moving too: https://github.com/mamuesp/TCD-Editor (Jar file download available) Be aware - alpha state! :cool:
  38. fms1961

Should I write a GUI library for Teensy?

As we are working on a solution already, I believe it would be more helpful to bundle our efforts than to force concurrent projects. What are you thinking?
  39. fms1961

Wiki Coming - Please link worthy posts

My hope for this post was to be put in a Teensy WiKi ... Visualize frequency responses with the serial plotter of the Arduino IDE Also another Class-D solution could be of broader interest: Attach Class-D via I2S
  40. fms1961

Well, a first peak ... written in Java with JavaFX as GUI. I love it more than Swing, because of the very easy to use GUI functions. For the Teensy, there will be a background plane with all static data and dynamic items with a specific behavior which will be drawn dynamically (like pointers...
  41. fms1961

... and the editor starts breathing ... ;-) (perhaps tomorrow there will be more ...)
  42. fms1961

Let's do it step by step ... At first I'm developing the editor's GUI - after some testing, I chose JavaFX as GUI - because its useable as standalone UI and as Web- and iOS/Android UI as well. Sounds promising. And the JavaFX Scene Builder is a lot more comfortable to use than all Swing based...
  43. fms1961

Should I write a GUI library for Teensy?

Teensy 3.2 and Nextion Display Teensy 3.2 as HMI Display (Editor development)
  44. fms1961

That's why I asked alle these questions ... :cool:
  45. fms1961

Teensy datalogger... now how to parse/graph results

Perhaps this approach helps you a little ...
  46. fms1961

I was kidding ... :cool: But with a function in the Editor to easily change this firmware according to the display which will be used. Ah, yes: the Github link, nothing to see yet, but for the curious ones ... ;-) I named it "TCD Editor" = "Teensy Controlled Display Editor" ...
  47. fms1961

In this case we should implement a HTML renderer and use HTML/CSS to describe the elements. No joke ... But I think, the Teensy will be overloaded with processes like this ... interpreting and rendering? This will be extremly slow ...
  48. fms1961

I think the effort to achieve this goal is way too big compared to the small gain. As the act of editing some "GUI" for Arduino/Teensy is part of the project development, there is no need to speed up the process if there is no special need. It's the same process when programming with the Arduino...
  49. fms1961

Teensy 3.2 and Nextion Display

-> let's jump to the dedicated thread!
  50. fms1961

So let's start a dedicated project thread here as a fork of the first thread. ... last posts ... It will, why not? In the first stage, I propose we create a *.ino file which will be compiled and uploaded to the Teensy, later we may integrate this function in the editor.
Back