Search results

1. B

Teensy 4.1 Ethernet Kit w/POE Module

Hi I'm wondering about the feasibility and hookup method for using a POE module such as this https://www.adafruit.com/product/3848 with the Teensy 4.1 and ethernet kit to power up the teensy. The module's pins are meant to be connected to ethernet pins 4,5,7 and 8 but I can see the PJRC...
  2. B

3.5/6 Stacking pins/sockets that fit?

Hi After I discovered that the double-insulator stacking pins in the store both: a) Aren't long enough to reliably socket once stacked and b)Require manual shaving down of the insulators that sit beside the 3.5/3.6 processor I'll assume that this rules out stacking female sockets of standard...
  3. B

PJRC store corrections

I'd like to point out a few practical problems one might encounter when following the PJRC store recommendations. 1: Wiz adapter: The PJRC wiznet adapter, despite recommending wiz850io, when stacked actually results in IC's that are in contact with each other. This is avoided by manually...
  4. B

Can you change the USB type from within a sketch?

I'm thinking about using a config file on an sd card that sets up the teensy according to some lines in a csv or text file. Is it possible to have these arguments configure the USB between modes such as USB-midi and USB-Keyboard?
  5. B

OSCuino on Teensy 3.6?

Hi I have a working project on 3.2 and am looking to expand the inputs to 12 analog Sharp IR sensors, so I'm just wondering if I should expect any problems using the same code on 3.6? Also, if anyone has any guidance on getting bonjour working with oscuino it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  6. B

Wiz820io probs, Please check my wiring

Hi I've transferred a working OSC setup with Teensy 3.1 from a breadboard to a perfboard and the Wiz820io no longer seems to be working. I've checked with a meter that there are no power shorts and visually there are no other shorts(some are close but ok). Uploading the standard OSC...
  7. B

I think induction is killing my teensy project

I discovered that the pedestal fan in my study kills my Teensy OSC project when turning the fan on or off. It's a Teensy 3.2 with Wiz820io, sending osc sensor data. It works fine until I switch my fan then the 820 activity light stops and never comes back(teensy still on). I can power-cycle the...
  8. B

Adding more ADC's to Teensy

What do you recommend if I need simultaneous access to more than 2 analog pins, while using a wiz820io and teensy 3.2. I think I have an MCP3008 somewhere, would this work? This looks cool http://www.linear.com/product/LTC2309 I'm thinking 8 channels of ADC would be suitable. Has anyone done...
  9. B

Wiring best practice -photos please

I'd love to see how everyone physically wires their projects so I can do it in the neatest way, especially for projects with a number of I/O. There's a world of breakouts, protoshields, adapters, perfboards, connectors but I'd like to see what has worked best for you with the Teensy pin config...
  10. B

OSCuino & Wiz820io beginner.

Hi everyone. I'm new to all of this and would appreciate some help getting an OSC project off the ground. I have a Teensy 3.2, Wiz820io and want to connect some sensors (IR range finder, some buttons etc) and output them as OSC over ethernet. I'm still unclear on some things: 1. Do I need any...
Back