Search results

1. J

PWM Voltage Conversion

Hi folks, I would love a double check on something. I’m working on a project that I’m reading a 5V PWM signal into a 3.3V only input. The PWM signal is actively driven between GND and +5V and is “active low”, meaning I will see 0V when the PWM output is high. I’m trying to solve the 5V to 3V...
  2. J

Teensy 4.0 Pin Usage Guidance

Hi folks, It's been awhile since I've had time to do much development and I could use a sanity check on some choices I'm making. I'm working on a project where I need to read in 3 channels of PWM, do some processing, then output 3 channels of PWM, a serial stream, and a potential WS2812 data...
  3. J

Damaged SGTL5000 Behaviour?

Hi all, I have a PCB that uses a couple of SGTL5000 chips. I've built a few of them and they work. I had one that had a mistake. I didn't notice it, but the 1.8V regulator for one of the SGTL5000 chips wasn't fully connected. I fixed it, but something is still wrong. It appears that something...
  4. J

Dynamic Audio Connection Bug? A new one!

Hi all, I'm back playing with some dynamic audio connections. The ones I used to allow swapping left/right channels work great, and are in fact working well within this very project. I've tried to add another one and...it's just not working. pMixLTCANA1_0_ampLTCANAO1_0 = new...
  5. J

Teensy 4.0 Pin Current Capability

Hi all, I can't seem to find a reliable answer for the current capability (source/sink) of the I/O pins on the Teensy 4.0. I thought that info would be in here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/IMXRT1060CEC_rev0_1.pdf in table 22 (page 34), but no luck. There's a table on the PJRC site, but I...
  6. J

Teensy 4.0 Alternate I2S Pins

Hi all, I'd love a double check on this. I've been spending a bit of time learning about I2S on the Teensy 4.0. I understand that there are a maximum of 5 pins can can do I2S. I'm looking at going for quad in/quad out. By default this would use pins 8 and 6 for I2S data in, and 7 and 32 for I2S...
  7. J

Teensy 4.0 and ST7789_t3

Hi all, I'm trying my first ST7789 based LCD (320x240) with a Teensy 4.0 and I'm having a bit of trouble getting it to work. This is a generic LCD, nothing fancy. So far I've been unable to get anything to appear on the display, and mostly I'm wondering if I've chosen the correct pins on the...
  8. J

Audio Block Compatibility

Hi all, I am planning on migrating my project to the Teensy 4, mostly for more power and greater flexibility with some interfaces. I'm trying to double check if various blocks will play nicely together. There are two Teensys in this project. The auxiliary one would be simple, it would have...
  9. J

I2S Timing Issues

Hi all, I'm working on a project and seeing a weird intermittent problem. I'm trying to learn more about why it's happening so I can figure out a solution or at least a work around. This is a project with two Teensy 3.2s and an audio board. The primary Teensy is connected to the audio board...
  10. J

PlatformIO Config Options

Hi all, I'm starting to play around with PlatformIO, and one thing I haven't found yet are the list of specific Teensy related platformio.ini options. For instance, I have been using USB Audio a bunch recently, I haven't figured out how to enable that in PlatformIO. Any pointers would be...
  11. J

Dynamic Audio Connection Bug?

Hi all, A while back I looked into creating dynamic patch cords to connect audio components. I wrote a simple test program that took USB audio in, connected it directly to line out, then swapped left and right channels. It worked. I shelved it for awhile, then pulled it back out recently...
  12. J

Dead Teensy 3.2

Hi all, I was just in the middle of uploading some code to a Teensy 3.2 when the cable came loose. The unit no longer seems to show up in Windows or OSX. Any chance of reviving this, or is it time to plan a funeral? Thank you!
  13. J

Audio Board I2C Voltage Shift?

Hi all, I have a small test setup with a Teensy 3.2, and audio board, and an HT16K33 based LED matrix. Everything is connected via I2C, and it works great. I just realized that the matrix is powered off of 5V, which should mean that it's putting 5V down SDA when I read back info from the chip...
  14. J

Power Sharing Between Two Sources

Hi all, I am working on a project with two Teensys. In regular operation either or both of them will have power coming through their USB ports. If only one is powered, regardless of which one it is, the other needs to use the same power. My current plan is to sever the jumper on the back of...
  15. J

Connecting Two Teensys via I2S

Starting a new thread for this. Since my experiments switching to a T4.0 went awry (posted elsewhere), while I wait for more parts to arrive I decided to experiment with connecting two Teensy 3.2 boards via I2S to transfer audio. This is with two bare boards, the sender would stream USB audio...
  16. J

Killed my first Teensy! Now, why...

Hi all, Well, I finally killed my first Teensy. Sadly it was a 4.0, and while I have a bunch of 3.2 on hand, I am now waiting for more 4.0 to continue my project. While I'm waiting, I'd like to try to figure out what exactly I did so that I don't do it again. What I was working on was trying...
  17. J

Teensy 3.2 SPDIF and I2S

Hi all, For one of the projects I am working on I need to connect to two computers via USB, one for input, one for output. I'd like to transfer the signal between the two Teensys digitally to avoid noise. Currently I have a Teensy 3.2 as the input, and a Teensy 4.0 as the output. I'd like to...
  18. J

Best WS2812 Library to use with Audio Library

Hi all, I have a project that uses the audio library to do a bunch of mixing, routing, and analysis. I'd like to use some pretty neat WS2812 LEDs as indicators, since I just discovered them in the 2020 package. I am doing a few experiments and I am seeing that the Audio library interrupts are...
  19. J

C++ Course/Tutorial

Hi all, While I am ok at general C programming, I am realizing that my c++ knowledge is not stellar. I need to get better at classes in particular. Has anyone come across a tutorial, course, webseries, whatever that they found particularly good? There are plenty on many sites but before I...
  20. J

Audio Board Voltage Regulator?

Hi all, I happened to be looking at the schematic for the audio board and got curious about the voltage regulator. I had a look at one of the ones I have handy and based on the markings I believe it's a 1.8V regulator. This also matches some of the other anecdotal info I've seen around. So my...
  21. J

Alternative IDE Options

Hi all, I'm missing features on some of my other IDEs in the stock Arduino IDE. I'm on a Mac. I know there has been discussion about getting CLI support working, and I'm assuming this is a precursor to using alternative IDEs. Am I assuming right in this assumption? Or is there a way to get...
  22. J

Dynamic Audio Connections

Hi all, Since my mixer object is a bit stalled for the moment, I'm looking to try out dynamically changeable connections to accomplish some of what I was going for. I know this is possible, I'm just not finding a ton of examples online, and I want to make sure I'm not going about this the wrong...
  23. J

Teensy USB Name

I went on a bit of a hunt to try to figure out where the computer interface name that appears when you use USB Audio is defined...and I came up blank. There's no input_USB or output_USB, so I thought it might be in the core files, but I didn't see it there either. I probably just missed it by...
  24. J

Audio Router Module?

I'm curious if there would be any sort of performance advantage if an audio router component existed. This would basically be like a mixer, but fixed input=output gain. I could see a use for a four in/four output crosspoint style. I am not versed enough in how the audio components are created...
  25. J

Correct usage of ethernet.init(SS_PIN)

Hi all, I'm planning on using an alternate CS pin for my Ethernet module for the first time, and I just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. The test I'm trying to do with this board will be to read Artnet data off the network. I'm using this as a test as it's something that I've had...
  26. J

Serial Port FIFOs?

Hi all, I know this is stupid, but I'm having some trouble. I'm using a 3.2 on a new project, and if I can I'd like to use the two serial ports that have FIFOs on them. According to the docs 2 of the 3 have them. But...I can't figure out which. I am sure it's obvious somewhere, but I can't see...
  27. J

Audio Library for Linear Timecode (LTC)?

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone has tried using the audio library to read and/or generate linear timecode (LTC). More info about LTC here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_timecode but the basic idea is that it's a modulated audio signal that encodes time information into an audio track...
  28. J

Audio Amp Suggestions?

Hi all, I'm working on a new project that uses the audio library to play some sound effects. Nothing too fancy, so I'm planning on using the DAC output so I don't need the full audio board. I tested my code with the prop shield and it works well. However, I'd like to put a more powerful amp...
  29. J

WIZ820io on different pins?

Hi all, I'm progressing slowly on my project (not much time to work), and I've hit a roadblock. I'm trying to move the WIZ820io's SCLK pin from 13 (as used in the adapter board) to pin 14 (as used in the audio board). Close to the top of my setup() I have the following...
  30. J

On Board LED?

Hi all, I'm sure this question has an easy answer, but I'm missing it. In the audio library tutorials, the on board pin 13 LED is used as an example of something to be done while playing a file. According to the schematic of the audio board, pin 13 on the Teensy is connected to the RX line of...
  31. J

Ethernet Library Questions

Hi all, I'd like to start adding Ethernet based control for some of my projects. I have the WIZ820io+SD board connected to a Teensy 3.2 for testing. Nothing else has been connected at this point, I want to just try to explore the libraries, etc. I decided to start experimenting with the Artnet...
  32. J

WAV File Names?

Hi all, I'm playing around with a Teensy on the Audio board. I downloaded the SDTEST1.WAV file and it plays just fine. When I substitute my own file (a sad trombone noise) I hear nothing. I am still seeing the "Start Playing" on the serial monitor, but it looks like it's repeating so fast that...
  33. J

I2C LCD Suggestions?

Hi all, I'm looking to experiment with an I2C LCD display using the the PCF8574 I/O expander and a Teensy 3.2. Basically I'm out of pins and this would let me experiment with adding a display before figuring out if I need a redesign. Two questions: 1. Has anyone found a library that works...
  34. J

Reading Full Ports and Combining

Hi all, I'm still fairly new to the Teensy and to C in general, so I apologize if this question is a bit rudimentary. Here's the situation. I have a Teensy 3.2 and an 8 position DIP switch. Because of everything else going on in this project, the first 6 positions are connected to pins 14...
  35. J

Couple of Quick Hardware Questions

Hi all, Working through designing my first project using the Teensy 3.2 and wanted to verify a couple of things. 1. Do I need to do anything with AREF and AGND if I'm happy just using the on board generated 3.3V? Based on my read of the schematic it looks like I am clear to leave them...
  36. J

DMX512 Transmit and Receive?

Hi all, I am new to the Teensy, so please excuse my ignorance. I am considering a application where I want to both transmit and receive DMX at the same time. Not the same data though. In a previous project on another micro, I did this using a single UART, and it worked great. This is my first...
Back