Search results

1. T

Is my program compatible with using idle mode?

I don't know how to program but I've managed to cobble something together from code copied from other people's work. I was wondering whether my program was compatible with the idle function and if so, do I put it between the setup and the loop? I read that it may stop the first analogue read...
  2. T

Accuracy of Teensy 3.2 clock sans RTC and underclocked

I read elsewhere that the Teensy clocks have an accuracy around 20 ppm (presumably at ~20 °C?). Does this value change if you underclock the Teensy to 2 MHz?
  3. T

How to upload to Teensy 3.2 with FTDI serial cable?

I have this FTDI serial cable and have installed the FTDI driver on my Win 7 machine. I have installed Teensyduino after Arduino 1.81. I have the red wire connected to VIN and black to GND. I have the white RXD and green TXD connected to pins 0 and 1 respectively. When I try to upload blink...
  4. T

Using a Teensy 3.2 and Huzzah ESP2866; how to divide tasks?

I have a project where I want to use FastLED, a Teensy 3.2, an OctoWS2811 adapter and a Huzzah ESP2866 to control addressable LEDs over Wi-Fi. The LEDs will be in the form of 18 strips of 47 SK6812 LEDs which can be connected in configurations such as six sets of 141 LEDs. There is a guy who...
  5. T

What FTDI cables are suitable?

I'm soon to get started on a project using Teensy 3.2 and Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266. I was looking to buy an FTDI cable from AliExpress but there are people complaining that they recieved cables with a different chip than expected. Does it make a difference and how? The following codes are what...
  6. T

Forum bug: PNG has the wrong extension for a JPEG...

I tried to insert a .png image and recieve an error that it has the wrong extension for a jpeg, but it's not a jpeg, it's a png... Reference file: http://i.imgur.com/dHKQ47om.png
  7. T

Which ESP8266 variant(s) to use with Teensy 3.2?

I want to control addressable LEDs using the Teensy 3.2 and I want to be able to control the Teensy over wifi with my Android and/or Windows computer. Which wifi modules should I consider using? I know nothing about programming so I want to reuse code as much as possible and avoid straying from...
Back