Search results

1. A

Question about sending pixel data for use with VideoDisplay

@MountainView: Did anyone ever help you with this, or did you find an answer? I'm sort of stuck on the same problem, oddly enough. I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere, but as usual, I'm having a terrible time finding it. I can calculate a white value based on the RGB values I'm getting from...
  2. A

Arduino IDE boot loop. Anyone ever see this?

I have this project, and up until this afternoon, it was working. I was debugging, and I'd just loaded a fix. During execution, when the code reached the point that it was accessing the Wire2 port, the serial console grayed out, and the Teensy application re-flashed the Teensy 3.6. all by...
  3. A

Project: SPI_MSTransfer

Okay, using the examples files, again under SPI2WayExamples (master and slave). The A_ConfigDefines.h files are set up to use 15 for CS and 14 for SCK, but nothing's happening between them; those examples, out of the box, appear not to work. These are both Teensy 3.6es, brand new, and I've...
  4. A

SPI Slave

tonton: I decided to give SPI_MSTransfer a shot. I commented at the end of your development thread. The demos aren't working (although they are compiling). I tried crossing/uncrossing the streams, and moving CS pins around; no luck. I also replaced the library files with the ones from the .zip...
  5. A

Project: SPI_MSTransfer

Tonton (Tony): I've hammered my brains against the wall for (more or less) the entire day. I've been unable to get your basic examples to work. The ones I loaded were the SPI2WayExamples -> master, and SPI2WayExamples -> slave. They were loaded onto virgin Teensy 3.6-es, and the wiring is as...
  6. A

Teensy 3.0 as SPI Slave

I've downloaded the library, but the examples won't compile. I'm compiling for Teensy 3.6, but I changed to Teensy 3.0, then 3.1/3.2; the compile errors are line-for-line identical: In file included from...
  7. A

SPI Slave

Has anyone managed to get any of the SPI slave code, from any of the libraries, to work? I've downloaded tonton's library, and tested it; it hangs immediately when data reception begins. My setup is really, really basic; two Teensy 3.6-es, connected as specified, using SPI0. Connections are CS0...
  8. A

Teensy 3.0 as SPI Slave

I have been looking for something that allows a slave's data to be read by the master, but I'm doing this on a Teensy 3.6. Are you still working with your library? Does it still work?
  9. A

SPI Slave

Sorry, I should be more specific. I'm trying to create what might be a similar device to what brtaylor is doing. I'm using I2C to tell the Teensy 3.6 *what* I want to read from the SPI port; the problem is...actually reading it. This will be 8-bit data (rather a lot of it) that I'm sending. If...
  10. A

SPI Slave

@tonton81: So it only transfers 16-bit bytes, then?
  11. A

Using several SPI units om Teensy 3.6

KurtE, can you give us an example of what passing in an SPI object by reference looks like? In my case, I'm using the newest RadioHead library for an RF22. It seems clear that the class wants a reference to the correct SPI port, but it's blowing up during compilation (Arduino IDE ver 1.8.8...
  12. A

Dealing with an unreliable SPI device, looking for suggenstions with SPI::transfer()

And now of course the silly thing is behaving perfectly. Why is it that when you *want* something to die (conveniently) it won't...Paul, did you also make these things thought-sensitive? I only ask because sometimes, it really, really seems like it... :)
  13. A

Dealing with an unreliable SPI device, looking for suggenstions with SPI::transfer()

Hello all. So here's a weird-o... I have an SPI device, which, as it turns out, seems somewhat electrically unstable. It likes to hang itself, every little while. That, in and of itself, is not such a problem, as it has an I2C component as well, with which I can reset the entire device...if I...
  14. A

How to do I2C double start to communicate to LTC2992?

Got it working! Thank you, Paul! As it turns out, although the hardware-specific implementation *looks* a certain way on the logic analyzer, it's a little deceptive, because after correctly tweaking the endTransmission() statements, everything just...turned on. And works beautifully.
  15. A

Well, it seems to be working. Although I can't really explain how. This code: //#include <i2c_t3.h> #include <Wire.h> #define LTC2992_ADDR 0x6F void setup() { Wire.begin(); Wire.setSDA(34); Wire.setSCL(33); // Wire.begin(I2C_MASTER, 0x00, I2C_PINS_33_34, I2C_PULLUP_EXT...
  16. A

And this: #include <i2c_t3.h> #define LTC2992_ADDR 0x6F void setup() { //Wire.begin(); Wire.begin(I2C_MASTER, 0x00, I2C_PINS_33_34, I2C_PULLUP_EXT, 400000); // Initialize the serial port to the PC. If we don't have a serial port, don't continue... Serial.begin(250000)...
  17. A

And this: #include <i2c_t3.h> #define LTC2992_ADDR 0x6F void setup() { //Wire.begin(); Wire.begin(I2C_MASTER, 0x00, I2C_PINS_33_34, I2C_PULLUP_EXT, 400000); // Initialize the serial port to the PC. If we don't have a serial port, don't continue... Serial.begin(250000)...
  18. A

Okay, here's the code I'm using. I'm still not certain exactly what you mean. I should check my coffee supply; does caffeine degrade with time? #include <i2c_t3.h> #define LTC2992_ADDR 0x6F void setup() { //Wire.begin(); Wire.begin(I2C_MASTER, 0x00, I2C_PINS_33_34, I2C_PULLUP_EXT...
  19. A

Hey, all. So...I've run around in circles with this, for about three weeks, now. I'm getting mostly nowhere, and I have questions. The story so far: I'm using (or, attempting to use) an LTC2992 to monitor a power supply I've designed. The problem I'm having is that the LTC2992 is a really...
  20. A

Portmanipulation for Teensy 3.6

One of my test programs for port-at-a-time operation testing. You can use it to investigate just how non-atomic port operations can be (I will admit to being surprised by some of my results). Some things to investigate would be different clock rates, and running this on more than one Teensy 3.6...
  21. A

So, based on the schematic of the Teensy 3.6, I came up with this. It's not an exactly faithful replication of Paul's nice card that comes with the Teensy 3.6, but it helped me get something finished. I'm posting it here; others may find it useful...
  22. A

I don't know why I didn't get a notification that someone had replied. I think when I changed workstations I somehow didn't...something something. I thought nobody had replied so I did read that part of the datasheet, and then Paul's schematic. You know when a post begins with "therein lies a...
  23. A

So that begs the question... @KurtE: So that being said, how would you do it? For example, assume you'd connected something like a 3-to-8-line decoder to a Teensy, but didn't want three digitalWriteFast(n)s, because for a very fast 3-to-8-line decoder, you'd get really wild outputs on the...
  24. A

Teensy 3.6 with WINC1500 on SPI1...is this a good data rate?

Hi all, I've got my trusty Adafruit WINC1500 breakout connected to SPI1, using WiFi101, and it's perking happily along with the default settings. After reading a few threads on here, I set the SPI1 bus speed to 24M, then 48M, just to see what might happen. I was surprised to see that, when...
  25. A

Alternatives to FLIR Lepton/Lepton 3?

Yes, I did. That's the code I refer to as "hopelessly advanced"; as my roommate pointed out, C++ is a language in which it is very easy to write things others cannot understand. I'm not at that level yet, although in the intervening few days I've come closer to understanding what he's doing. I...
  26. A

Alternatives to FLIR Lepton/Lepton 3?

Hey all. So...I've been puzzling through the documentation for the FLIR Lepton and Lepton 3 cameras. Although I've made some traction with the "common" Lepton (the 80x60), I've not been able to get the Lepton 3 (160x120) to work consistently at all. One of my problems is the documentation: in...
  27. A

Gray pins

The reason I was asking the question is this: I have an Adafruit Feather M0/LoRa, and an Adafruit Feather M0 Breakout. I was testing connecting a MCP3008 A/D converter (8 channels, SPI interface) to the Feather LoRa, and...got nothing, even with the radio classes not instantiated, and the...
  28. A

Gray pins

Okay, Paul...now I have to ask this...but...are you psychic, or something? No, really...! !! !!! I love how it says "Do not program the same function to more than one pin" in the documentation.
  29. A

Gray pins

On a (possibly) related note: When there are pin duplicates in black (not gray) such as pins 20 and 21 on a Teensy 3.6, and both are marked as CS0,...that means that both pins have the same primary function by default,...right? I just have this obsessive *thing* about being absolutely sure...
  30. A

My first O/S hardware board: Teensy LC -> RFM95W Utility Board

Hey everyone! This is my first stab at creating an open-source hardware...thingie. I'm working on a project that uses dozens of custom-built boards; I've done everything in Eagle so far, but this is the first thing I've tried to build and order completely from EasyEDA. Deeply, wildly, and...
  31. A

Debugging strategies

Mmmmmmm...kcachegrind/valgrind, anyone? I've had good luck over the years troubleshooting with kcachegrind/valgrind (I love the visualizations!) and I was trying to figure out how to do that on Teensy; I have a large, complicated project in hand at the moment, and I could really use the...
  32. A

Teensy Hardware Flow Control RTS/CTS

How can I help...? Paul (and others): I believe I might actually need to use RTS/CTS on my current project, and I'd love to use that to help you test it! I've got Serial2 on a Teensy 3.6 connected to Serial1 on a Teensy 3.2. Ideally, the way these things will (eventually) be parked on their...
  33. A

Looking for a good 7" 800x480 TFT for an RA8875...

Hey all! Quick question. I have a Teensy 3.2 which is *fabulous* for running my Adafruit-purchased RA8875 driver. However, the 7" TFT screen I purchased from them was...less than fabulous. It's difficult to read from any angle but straight on, color saturation and brightness seem a bit lacking...
  34. A

Question for one of the Senior Devs... Teensy 3.6 + RFM95 breakout

So I gave the wires on the breadboard a good wiggle, and then hooked up my big power supply and disconnected the USB. Now that there's plenty of power, it's been happily transmitting for five minutes without stopping...!
  35. A

Whew! Well, that was a nail-biter! I don't know why I get so worried about the simplest things...! WiFi *and* LoRa. One thing that's super clear is that, for some reason, the WiFi connection goes unstable after a bit...sometimes right away, sometimes it takes longer. I'm not sure what's up with...
  36. A

KurtE: I have your library installed and the following code is running: On the Teensy 3.6, it's the complete "basic" set up; no pin re-maps; everything is wired as "default pin" as per the "Welcome to Teensy 3.6" reference card that came in the envelope. The code running on the Teensy 3.6 is as...
  37. A

Okay. I just downloaded the library of yours, and ordered the parts. I know it's getting serious when my Arduino/Libraries directory starts looking like my bedroom :D I have the working circuit I had before up on the screen in Eagle and Photoshop so I could probably just scrap what's there and...
  38. A

Thank you very much! I think that will be a good starting point; I'll keep y'all apprised of my progress. Basically, this "module" thingie -- an RFM95 and a WINC1500 connected to a Teensy 3.6 -- I'm using it as a sample gateway. AdaFruit's stack for this is a Feather M0/WINC1500 with an RFM95...
  39. A

So...I have a working design that has a bunch of radios all talking to each other. Meaning, I currently have a Teensy 3.6 mediating between an Adafruit WINC1500 breakout that's directly wired to SPI0 on the Teensy 3.6, and an AdaFruit Feather M0/RFM95, which is connected to the Teensy 3.6 via...
  40. A

Using all Teensy3.x pins with a socket.

That's pretty wild! And very creative! I ran into this thing on Digi-Key literally seconds before I saw your solution; here's the manufacturer's page: http://www.cnctech.us/productsdisplay.asp?c=90&cn=IC%20Sockets&ci=20&sn=IC%20Socket%20SMT%20Adapters&si=90. I've measured pretty carefully; it...
  41. A

spi ports

Okay, so...now I'm confused. It's not hard to do, unfortunately. I'm seeing on the pinout card for my Teensy 3.6 that many signals seem to be duplicated. For example, the signal "CS0" appears to be brought out to no less than five pins. What I'm wondering is, if I have a sketch that requires...
Back