Search results

1. B

USB Midi Terminal Program

Is there software for windows that will send messages to a device (enumerated as a Midi device) like a Terminal program sends to CDC ?
  2. B

WM8731 codec whistle noise

I am using a WM8731 and getting a whistle noise with fundamental around 2khz plus overtones. If I run the same board and code with a AK4556, no noise. Has anyone experienced this sort of problem?
  3. B

USB audio / Windows 10

Thanks Paul. I always make sure that the volume sliders are full up before comparison.
  4. B

USB audio / Windows 10

I am seeing variations in the audio output level of a PCM2900 codec when used on various Windows 10 laptops. This is all with the same application sending the same audio. Any thoughts?
  5. B

WM8731 headphone output

Asking for any other ideas other than trying to accurately measure a tiny voltage. The point is to protect the headphone amp by not running it into a shorted load.
  6. B

WM8731 headphone output

When I am talking about adding DC, I am talking through a large value resistance and sensing the voltage division (or shorted to ground). The current through the transducer would be very small. The problem is detected the difference between 16 ohms to ground and a short using a 10 bit ADC.
  7. B

WM8731 headphone output

I am using the headphone output on the WM8731 codec for line out or optionally headphone out. I want to detect the difference between a mono 1/4” plug (line out) and a stereo (headphone out) when the connector is plugged in. If I ride a DC level on the AC headphone output, it is hard to detect...
  8. B

Crosstalk / noise on audio

I am using the Teensy Audio Adapter for both inputs and outputs on a test fixture. The Teensy 3.2 is also switching an array of LEDs (bar graph display) powered by the 3.3V output on the Teensy 3.2 This seems to be adding clicks and noise to the audio out. How much PSRR does the audio have...
  9. B

Using Special Function Pins for GPIO on 3.2 with Audio Adaptor

Can the Memory Chip pins (6, 11, 12, 13 6, 7, 12, 14 MOSI, MISO, SCK) and the SD Card pins SD Card (7, 10, 12, 14 MOSI, MISO, SCK) be used for GPIO?
  10. B

Using Pins for GPIO on 3.2 with Audio Adaptor

Can the Memory Chip pins (6, 11, 12, 13 6, 7, 12, 14 MOSI, MISO, SCK) and the SD Card pins SD Card (7, 10, 12, 14 MOSI, MISO, SCK) be used for GPIO?
  11. B

Prop Shield

Can the Prop Shield be used at the same time as the Audio Shield? I need the LED driver and the audio amp from the Prop Shield as well as stereo audio in and stereo audio out.
  12. B

Audio System Design Tool -- Save different designs--

Michael That does indeed work. Thanks for the support.
  13. B

So Paul, without drawing the entire project over again on a local copy of the GUI, how do I save or copy and paste from your server to my local machine?
  14. B

I am not talking about exporting the code. Got that covered. I am looking for a way to manage the (many) different GUI designs. If I save the http address from the browser, that works but the design is still on the PJRC server. How do I save the GUI design locally?
  15. B

How do you save different designs (locally) for the Audio System Design Tool? Is there a directory or registry location (in Windows) that stores them? Or do you just save the link to the "web page"?
  16. B

Multiple audio effects

Thanks for the quick response. I am not asking you to design a product for me but I need to know if I can use the Teensy as a DSP substitute for an existing product. Just trying to get a sense of what the limitations are. Also, is it even reasonable to consider using this in a product (for sale) ?
  17. B

Multiple audio effects

On the T3.2, is it possible to use delayExt for the delay effect and the internal RAM for reverb and chorus?
  18. B

Multiple audio effects

So with the T3.5 or T3.6, you are saying that there is enough RAM for reverb and (0.5sec) delay?
  19. B

Multiple audio effects

Re: "Teensy 3.2 has only 64K RAM. That's not enough to run reverb, chorus and meaningful delay at the same time." Would it work to add RAM to the "MEM" location on the audio board?
  20. B

Multiple audio effects

I have a 3.2 with the audio board and have experimented with the SD read and write applications as well as USB audio. I will build an app with the Teensy Audio Library and see how the memory holds up. One unrelated issue, do you have any recommendations for very low latency wireless audio?
  21. B

Multiple audio effects

Paul If you have time for a 15 minute phone conversation, I would like to discuss all the requirements for this project. It would mean a large quantity of devices per month if the product works.
  22. B

Multiple audio effects

The 3.5 is doable. Is it too much to expect that the 3.5 also handle user interface (3 quad encoders, I2C display)? Also interested in sampling or looping (maybe 30 - 60 seconds of mono audio)
  23. B

Multiple audio effects

Can the Teensy 3.2 run multiple audio effects such as reverb, chorus and delay all at the same time? If so, what is the maximum delay that can be achieved while running the Freeverb and Chorus?
  24. B

ILI9341 TFT Display

I have limited port pins available and the data sheets did not say definitely that they observe tri-state rules.
  25. B

ILI9341 TFT Display

Can the serial connections (SDO, SDI, SCLK) for the TFT 9341 and Touch 2046 be in parallel and selected by the ~CS for each device?
  26. B

ILI9341 display libraries

Can the serial connections (SDO, SDI, SCLK) for the TFT and Touch 2046 be in parallel and selected by the ~CS for each device?
  27. B

I see no mention of fonts in the.cpp or .h files from ADAfruit
  28. B

Are there any simplified libraries (fonts only) for the ILI9341? I am looking to run this with a 8 bit controller.
  29. B

ILI9341 display

Can the LCD be powered from the Teensy 3.2 if I do not use the backlight?
  30. B

MTP Responder Contribution

Will this only work with 3.6 or will it work with the 3.2?
  31. B

Read SD card over USB

I want to be able to read the files on the SD card over USB. It is an audio recorder (recording and playing .wav files). I also want access to USB audio. Maybe this is asking too much from the Teensy
  32. B

Read SD card over USB

Where did you put the files? I tried the sketch (for a 3.2) and got errors. Could not find certain files.
  33. B

Read SD card over USB

Have you tried this method? Has Paul made any progress toward incorporating this feature in the libraries?
  34. B

Read SD card over USB

Is it possible to read (copy, transfer) the files on the SD card over the USB connection?
  35. B

Color Measurement with TCS3200 Sensor and a Teensy 3.2 Board

tni, please describe (hardware wise) how capture is done without CPU time? What types of signals (logic level only?) can be captured and where (and how) is the data stored?
  36. B

Color Measurement with TCS3200 Sensor and a Teensy 3.2 Board

You might want to consider some sort of hardware peak detector on each color output and clock it with another sensor that just reads the presence of the object.
  37. B

Read SD card on Audio Board over USB

I found this post and I am wondering if or when this feature might be available for reading the audio files on the audio adapter board over USB. https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/43050-MTP-Responder-Contribution
  38. B

Place cue points (markers) on .wav file

// Record sound as raw data to a SD card, and play it back. // // Requires the audio shield: // http://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy3_audio.html // // Three pushbuttons need to be connected: // Record Button: pin 0 to GND // Stop Button: pin 1 to GND // Play Button: pin 2 to GND // //...
  39. B

This is in response to Paul's request to share
  40. B

This plays .wav and outputs to both the audio board and USB #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> AudioPlaySdWav playWav1; AudioOutputUSB audioOutput; // must set Tools > USB Type to Audio AudioOutputI2S...
  41. B

I am not sure that the Teensy Audio Library will support these methods or how to port this sort of code for the Teensy
  42. B

Pete, that sounds like a more doable approach. Are there any examples of coding that writes these "chunks" that would be applicable to Teensy?
  43. B

I have a record to wave already working. I think it was a minor change to a record to .raw example My question is still about the cue markers. Can I insert cue markers in a file as I am recording or can I close one file and open another to continue recording without much gap?
  44. B

I have a record to wave already working. I think it was a minor change to a record to .raw example My question is still about the cue markers
  45. B

What I need to know is if it is possible to add cue markers to a .wav file as it is being recorded
  46. B

Is there any way to place cue points into a .wav file as it is being recorded to an SD card? I want to be able to navigate to those cue points (markers) during playback.
  47. B

WavFilePlayerUSB

This example enumerates the Teensy as a sound device in Windows 7 but does not play the audio. Do I need to do something else to stream the audio from the SD card over USB and then hear it on the computer (speakers)? Separate question: How would I transfer this file from the SD over the USB...
  48. B

Record a .wav file

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/33852-Stereo-Queue-Interleave?highlight=record+.wav
  49. B

Record a .wav file

Is it possible to record a .wav instead of a .raw?
  50. B

Record time on SD Card

Using the Audio Adaptor Board, how many minutes of mono recording per GB of SD card. When I look at a 4GB SD card on Windows Explorer, I see 49.8Meg available capacity. How should I format the SD for maximum recording time using the Sound Recorder Demo example?
Back