Search results

1. A

Tennsy 2.0 as an iCade emulator for iPad (with an Atari 2600 joystick)

I suspect the USB protocol that this used is long since obsolete. The Atari app and others haven’t been supported since the 32-bit OS days, but it was still a fun worthwhile reason to learn a Teensy back then.
  2. A

There is a picture on the Teensy project page here. Here is the only one I have.
  3. A

Teensy 2.0 as a 4mhz Crystal for TI SN76489 sound chip?

Excellent. I was able to get it working without an external crystal. Very cool.
  4. A

Thank you. Where can I find docs on TCCR1x and OCR1A? Those must be similar to PORTx and such?
  5. A

I have a Nano hooked to the Sn76489 sound chip, along with a 4mhz crystal. I started wiring up a second one using my Teensy 2.0. I ran across code examples for Arduino that seem to say I don't need the crystal, and can using the CPU itself to generate that 4mhz timing. Is this a thing? Possibly...
  6. A

Teensy 3.x NATIVE USB HOST PREVIEW AVAILABLE

Thanks for asking this. I had the same question after reading through the ReadMe. Very interesting project.
  7. A

Bluetooth hid game controller with Teensy 3.1

Adafruit has some example code that shows how to send keyboard and mouse messages via Bluefruit EZ-Key. I have asked in their forum if it is possible to act like a joystick device, which is what I will need to do for things like the Android-based OUYA. Here is their page on sending commands...
  8. A

I have posted my Teensy 2.0 iCade source code to GitHub: https://github.com/allenhuffman/iCadeTeensy
  9. A

And thanks to this: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1535 ...the project will be able to send out via Bluetooth ($20 part).
  10. A

Wireless USB keyboard on a Teensy?

Update: Adafruit has solved this, with a $20 part: http://www.adafruit.com/products/1535 By itself, you can just wire switches to this thing and give it power and it sends key presses for the switches. What it sends can be configured/remapped. Or, you can hook this up to a microcontroller like...
  11. A

Enclosure for Teensy project?

Thanks for the great replies. I hadn't considered something like this -- I was thinking someone made an adapter shield or something. I will have to explore these options. Initially, I will probably build using an Arduino Leonardo and a screw shield (so anyone can hook things up, without any...
  12. A

Enclosure for Teensy project?

I am going to be using a Teensy 2.0 for an input device. I have previously done projects using Arduinos, and can easily mount them in an enclosure on standoffs. How do folks here package their Teensy boards for projects? I also want to avoid soldering wires to the Teensy, so I'd like to find a...
  13. A

Teensy 2.0 - acting as a switch?

Greetings. Although I have a software background going back to 1982, my hardware skills have mostly been limited to soldering cables and making custom enclosures for existing things like the EFX-TEK Prop 1 or Arduinos. I am currently finishing up design on another joystick interface (I seem to...
  14. A

I would be interested in what you find. There is specific support in the USB Host Library code for various Bluetooth USB dongles. Serial stuff is easy to do and cheap, but when it comes to keyboard/mouse support, it seems there are different ways they handle them. I need to pick up a larger...
  15. A

I have now created a version that uses a USB Host shield to read a standard PC USB joystick. I am using an Arduino Leonardo and a Circuits@Home USB Host shield for this experiment. I would very much like to move it over to the Teensy 2.0 next, but I will need to learn what USB options there are...
  16. A

I now have the iTead Studio USB Host shield, which didn't work with the Arduino model I wanted to use due to SPI pins being moved, and the Circuits@Home USB Host shield, which should work. I will be trying to hook up the cheaper iTead shield to my Teensy 2.0 soon, and document my progress.
  17. A

I have posted the details, and source code, for this project. Overview: http://subethasoftware.com/2012/12/18/hook-an-atari-2600-joystick-up-to-an-ipad-thanks-to-teensy-2-0 Source code: http://subethasoftware.com/2013/01/04/teensy-2-0-icade-source-code/ I will be doing more work on this...
  18. A

Teensy breakout board / shield style adapter?

Agreed. But you've obviously never seen how I solder! As a hobbyist who has zero background in electronics, problems in the design phase are highly probable :-) I just believe in redundancy and repairability when possible. Having had enough properly designed electronics fail on me over the...
  19. A

Thanks, JBeale. I guess at $16, having easy-to-replace parts isn't a big deal for a dedicated project. In my case, we were using Arduinos to interface between pressure switches and laser tag sensors at a haunted house attraction. It was crucial that if one of the units died, I could pop open my...
  20. A

Does anyone make a breakout board that a Teensy 2.0 could run in to for easier access to the pins? I envision something like the Screw Shields for Arduino, where the Teensy could sit on top in header sockets, then run the pins out to small screw terminals. The board could provide some holes for...
  21. A

Thanks, Slepwalker3. I'd actually been to that Inmojo web page before during my research. So it seems $40+ is what it looks like it will cost -- unless we can find a non surface-mount module. I will keep looking. In the meantime, there is a $15 bluetooth keyboard on Amazon (with Prime shipping...
  22. A

Yes, I have been finding tons of them, but they do not support the Human Interface Device profile which is needed to act like a keyboard. The RN-42-HID does, and I see the surface mount part for around $20, but to get one on a board that is more usable was $44. So far, that's the only part I...
  23. A

Greetings. I am new here, as well, and have just started experimenting with a Teensy 2.0. I, too, am looking for a Bluetooth HID interface for something like a Teensy or Arduino. I have found a few modules which appear to support the HID (for keyboards/mise) like RN-42-HID, but nothing yet on...
  24. A

Teensy 2.0 and low power mode: CPU Speed?

Is there a way I can verify my Teensy 2.0 is operating at a certain CPU speed? I am ussing Teensyduino, and I have the option to select 1MHz from the "Tools->CPU Speed" menu, but 1MHz was not listed as an option in this power consumption chart: See: Typical Current Consumed By Teensy...
  25. A

This is a summary of my efforts to get a Teensy (or Arduino Leonardo) acting as an iCade interface between arcade joysticks (or even an Atari 2600 joystick) and an iPad. I present all my documentation here in case it is of use to others. First, some quick background on how I ended up here. In...
Back