Search results

1. A

Teensy 2.0 as a 4mhz Crystal for TI SN76489 sound chip?

I have a Nano hooked to the Sn76489 sound chip, along with a 4mhz crystal. I started wiring up a second one using my Teensy 2.0. I ran across code examples for Arduino that seem to say I don't need the crystal, and can using the CPU itself to generate that 4mhz timing. Is this a thing? Possibly...
  2. A

Enclosure for Teensy project?

I am going to be using a Teensy 2.0 for an input device. I have previously done projects using Arduinos, and can easily mount them in an enclosure on standoffs. How do folks here package their Teensy boards for projects? I also want to avoid soldering wires to the Teensy, so I'd like to find a...
  3. A

Teensy 2.0 - acting as a switch?

Greetings. Although I have a software background going back to 1982, my hardware skills have mostly been limited to soldering cables and making custom enclosures for existing things like the EFX-TEK Prop 1 or Arduinos. I am currently finishing up design on another joystick interface (I seem to...
  4. A

Teensy breakout board / shield style adapter?

Does anyone make a breakout board that a Teensy 2.0 could run in to for easier access to the pins? I envision something like the Screw Shields for Arduino, where the Teensy could sit on top in header sockets, then run the pins out to small screw terminals. The board could provide some holes for...
  5. A

Teensy 2.0 and low power mode: CPU Speed?

Is there a way I can verify my Teensy 2.0 is operating at a certain CPU speed? I am ussing Teensyduino, and I have the option to select 1MHz from the "Tools->CPU Speed" menu, but 1MHz was not listed as an option in this power consumption chart: See: Typical Current Consumed By Teensy...
  6. A

Tennsy 2.0 as an iCade emulator for iPad (with an Atari 2600 joystick)

This is a summary of my efforts to get a Teensy (or Arduino Leonardo) acting as an iCade interface between arcade joysticks (or even an Atari 2600 joystick) and an iPad. I present all my documentation here in case it is of use to others. First, some quick background on how I ended up here. In...
Back