Search results

1. J

Teensy 2.0 INT6 in Arduino

Teensy2 has INT6 on pin24, this sketch works for me: #include <avr/sleep.h> const int wakeup_pin = 24; // INT6 at PE6 const int led_pin =11; elapsedMillis blink_stopwatch; unsigned long blink_interval = 500; elapsedMillis sleep_stopwatch; unsigned long sleep_interval = 8100; void setup() {...
  2. J

Teensy 4 PCM5242 Audio Shield - Stereo Balanced/Single Ended DAC Module

Yes, it helps me saving pins and code. I reset a DOGM204 display with it (through a voltage divider) and also Teensies 3.5/3.6 powered from DC-DC supplies. Without the MCP100s I couldn't get them boot up from those supplies...
  3. J

Maybe a MCP100-315 or -475 could handle the reset independently from the teensy...
  4. J

Jay, just to make sure: you want a teensy pin to drive the reset pin of your ADC: so it's not about resetting the teensy, right?
  5. J

[posted] Notes to Waves

Many thanks, I will try to improve my code with your suggestions!
  6. J

[posted] Notes to Waves

What does your code mean: waveformMod1.frequency(freq * osc1_oct * transpose); waveformMod2.frequency(freq * osc2_oct * detune); waveformMod3.frequency(freq * osc3_oct); How does "transpose", "detune", "osc_oct" modify the result of notefreq?
  7. J

[posted] Notes to Waves

Many thanks, this helps a lot. When mentioning that FFT was faster than Yin I used default value for AUDIO_GUITARTUNER_BLOCKS. Did you try if adding FFT helps to improve speed?
  8. J

[posted] Notes to Waves

Ok, I am just interested in some detail such as how often do you read notefreqs result, do you adjust gain permanently for a steady level, does EQ the input help reducing wrong estimates, what probability and threshold settings do you use, and is there anything else I can do...? I guess buffer...
  9. J

Teensyduino 1.52 Released

Actual Debian with actual Arduino: usb audio out and analog in / i2c in both on T3.6 and T4 work well. I now get much cleaner signals! Thanks for the enhancements.
  10. J

[posted] guitar tuner with FFT and Yin

Thanks! Thats exactly one of the reasons I did this project: available tuners with notes and cents give the impression you are in tune even if you arent at all by lighting green etc., so if a musician sees Hz he will take care as never before :-) Also he needs some knowledge to actually tune...
  11. J

[posted] Notes to Waves

Great project! Would you be willing to share your code? For faster guessing of frequencies have a look at my project here: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/60796...th-FFT-and-Yin With FFT my tuner can estimate frequencies ~5x faster than with Yin. I use the lowest FFT freq found nearest to Yin...
  12. J

Today I completed the wooden housing for the T3.6 tuner...
  13. J

[posted] music string winding device

Sort of :-) Recently I pulled out the load cells and fitted better ones. There is always something to improve... In my older posts you can see how I tried to write the pulse ramps by myself (starting on a DUE, see here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=486106.0), I even tried to...
  14. J

digitalRead oszillates: GND-problem?

Apart from re-thinking the earth/gnd concept I found a solution to emi-protect pins, i.e. for reading buttons over long and noisy lines, see here.
  15. J

[posted] music string winding device

Here some info about my main project: a music string winding machine. It runs on 2 teensies, communicating via a serial line: a T3.5 controls the cockpit and handles display, buttons, calculations etc., and a T3.6 in a separate control box does low level stuff such as generating motor pulses...
  16. J

Here a tuner and frequency logger project I just completed. The tuner uses yin algorithm from the teensy audio library, fft frequency estimation from here (had to edit cpu defines for T4), a bubble-display library from here, serial command library from here and my own led and button libraries...
  17. J

Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #4

I already tried to report on the beta3 thread, but my post disappeared: on T3.6 Audio ADC input does not compile (vtable error).
  18. J

Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #3

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!
  19. J

Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #3

see here, it's available again since today: https://www.tindie.com/products/onehorse/ics43434-i2s-digital-microphone/
  20. J

Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #3

Fantastic, many thanks, thats good news!!! :)
  21. J

Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #3

Thanks for the hint! The pulldown can't be enabled by pinMode...? Thanks! But I don't have space for an additional board...
  22. J

please help with i2s mems mic into audio library

see this post for further details
  23. J

Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #3

OK, I read all forum posts about the SPH0645 I could find and spend quite some hours on fiddling with it. The problem seems to be that SPH0645 violates i2s specs. At least in my case it spits out only crazy noisy recordings, and I tried 2 boards. As AnalogAudioInput still does not work on T4 I...
  24. J

Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #3

Hi Duff, in addition to what I stated in my above post I also can't get your code from this post to work with i2s/i2sQuad as input.
  25. J

Teensyduino 1.52 Beta #3

Hi, it seems to me that something in the i2s part of the audio library is broken, here is my code: #include <Audio.h> AudioInputI2S input; AudioAnalyzeNoteFrequency notefreq; AudioConnection connection(input, 0, notefreq, 0); void setup() { AudioMemory(50)...
  26. J

please help with i2s mems mic into audio library

please help with mic board into audio library Hi, I want to use a single Adafruit SPH0645 mems mic board into the audio library on my Teensy 4 and managed to get it working, but only with i2s_quad with the following code: AudioInputI2SQuad i2s_quad1; AudioAnalyzeNoteFrequency...
  27. J

TeensyStep - How to switch from 1 speed to another

On my machine I do the following: #include "TeensyStep.h" Stepper motor(48, 47); StepControl controller(5, 1000); int motor_steps_per_rev = 200; int motor_microstepping = 4; int pulley_teeth = 28; int pulley_pitch = 3; // in mm int travel = 800; // travel in mm int speed = 200...
  28. J

I will try to give some examples... Here my observations. The following works in master branch but not in dev-timer:#include "TeensyStep.h" Stepper motor(48, 47); RotateControl controller(5, 1000); void setup() { motor .setMaxSpeed(124) .setAcceleration(198)...
  29. J

I Did some more tests and found that estop (in master branch) works only in one direction: #include "TeensyStep.h" Stepper motor(22, 41); RotateControl RotCtrl(5, 1000); StepControl StpCtrl(5, 1000); void setup() { motor .setMaxSpeed(-2000) .setAcceleration(2000)...
  30. J

Thanks a lot!! I think it's a good solution. I did some tests on my machine, everything works fine. Also the e-stop I can now execute faster without the delay! EDIT: just noticed that slow movements don't work well. I will figure it out and try to give some code asap... EDIT2: I did some more...
  31. J

Thanks for fixing! And sorry for so many requests... Yes, I think it's good to have. Some of my winding processes move really slow, for example when threading in the wires. With thin wires I could end up with feeder speeds below pullin-speed. So I tried to take this into account: I set it to the...
  32. J

At the moment I am using 2 rotate and 2 step controllers for my 5 motors and get along with them if used carefully - but if I add a new motor (say for a future grinding device) I will get in troubles, so I thought I could for each move create the controller on the fly and destroy it afterwards...
  33. J

safe shutdown when power loss

If you figured out a reliable solution: would you mind to post a code example and the values of the voltage devider?
  34. J

Many thanks for your example! I played with it but couldn't do the following:#include "TeensyStep.h" Stepper a(22, 41); void setup() { RotateControl *rctrl_heap_1 = new RotateControl(); rctrl_heap_1->rotateAsync(a); delay(2000); } void loop() { rctrl_heap_1->stop(); delete...
  35. J

safe shutdown when power loss

I would be interested in this as well!
  36. J

Thanks for clarifying! I see! Does this mean I also could delete a controller manually and define a new one within the scope, re-using the resources?
  37. J

A new observation: moveAsync works only if stp.controller is defined in global space: #include "TeensyStep.h" Stepper motor1(22, 41); Stepper motor2(43, 42); void setup() { StepControl controller1; motor1.setTargetRel(1000); controller1.move(motor1); // works StepControl...
  38. J

I can confirm: it works. Thanks again for the great support!!!!
  39. J

Thansk for fixing! But with the new version it seems I can't get callbacks working: #include "TeensyStep.h" Stepper motor(22, 41); StepControl controller; bool flag = 0; void setup() { motor.setTargetRel(2000); controller.setCallback(finished); controller.moveAsync(motor); } void...
  40. J

Yes. I checked the master branch and it did only happen with the develop branch... I just tried: it's fixed! Many thanks!! It helps a lot in my multi layer winding applications when spooling fibers from one spool to another. Following your earlier suggestion I use the StepController for this...
  41. J

I want to share another observation: if I issue a stop command during deceleration the motor would speed up and begin a new deceleration ramp: #include "TeensyStep.h" Stepper motor(22, 41); StepControl controller; int accel = 500; int speed = 1000; int target = 2000; void setup() { motor...
  42. J

You are almost there :) Perfect, I added 2 minor details...
  43. J

That could be the case any time sooner or later :cool: Thanks for letting me know! Please feel free to ad it!
  44. J

I managed to prepare a small video, see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYRmfHMnmTE
  45. J

I saw a difference with extremely slow speeds / acceleration rates, and you also mentioned the "ugly asymmetry". I thought that was gone with my suggestion...? Thanks a lot, this is a very good solution!!! Happy Easter :)
  46. J

At fast winding speeds with thin wires (for example 0.12mm wires @ 3000~7000rpm) I get very slow acceleration rates for pitch changes. So what about this: if (targetPitch > oldPitch) { feederCtrl.overrideAcceleration(accFactor); feederCtrl.overrideSpeed(targetFeederSpeed); } else if...
  47. J

At least it needs to be changed for the next spindle speed change, so we could theoretically update it only before the spindle speed factor changes and keep all pitch changes with the old acceleration factor...? Nice!!!! I certainly will provide videos as soon as I can do some serious test...
  48. J

Wow, thank you, very convenient! I will play with this class and study it. One thing I noticed is that you call feeder.overrideAcceleration() now before feeder.overrideSpeed(): I am wondering if it would suffice to update feeder acceleration only when changing spindle speed? (BTW again the...
  49. J

Sorry to bother again with a code example, but I read so many times your explanations and still don't understand everything, so I put together another code example. What puzzles me is the difference of the ramp durations between the first and the second run: #include "TeensyStep.h" Stepper...
  50. J

I think you understood much better than me :cool: (BTW in the library src the overrides are listed under "Blocking movements"...?) Requirement #4 sounds good, but I am not sure because in any case I want be able to presume that the pitch is as intended. This would mean I just have to make sure...
Back