Search results

1. O

Cant catch a break using SD card / teensy 4.0

Thank you Paul and defragster -- I'll keep trying. Appreciate your help.
  2. O

Doesnt the documentation on https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy3_audio.html specifically show I can use pins 10-13 for a teensy 4.0? and:
  3. O

Using SD\Examples\SdFatUsage with the decoupling cap that Paul suggested ( and const int chipSelect = 10; ) results in: Initializing SD card...initialization failed!
  4. O

Thank you Paul, I soldered a small decoupling cap on to 3.3v and still no joy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ In fairness this seems more like a PCB-design problem and not a teensy problem, so I'll try to handle it myself.
  5. O

If I use the code: #include <SD.h> #include <SPI.h> Sd2Card card; SdVolume volume; SdFile root; const int chipSelect = 10; void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); Serial.print("\nInitializing SD card..."); if (!card.init(SPI_HALF_SPEED, chipSelect)) { Serial.println("your circuit...
  6. O

Folks, I'm on my second PCB design using an SD card with the Teensy 4.0, and I can not figure out what is wrong. A partial schematic for the PCB is this: The data sheet for the SD card is here: https://datasheet.lcsc.com/lcsc/2112141630_SOFNG-TF-013_C444917.pdf The complete schematic is a...
  7. O

Teensy 3.2 with the adafruit airlift - no joy.

KurtE and PaulS, I owe both of you an apology. This was entirely because of bad wiring. I have a MAC address and the module is now scanning my local wifi networks. This is an incredible example of patience on the part of both of you and I very much appreciate your time. This is great news...
  8. O

WAIT A SECOND! Oh my god KurtE is right. Look at my picture. It's off by one and so am I. Just shoot me now.
  9. O

KurtE, thank you VERY much for looking at my wire wrap so carefully. Here's an overlap between my pins and the teensy - I'm definitely connected to 5 and 7. Regarding clock speed - yes, I've managed to get it faster as shown in last post. And great to hear youre getting a similar module...
  10. O

Youre right, when analog samples are not collected you can increase sampling speed. Screen shot: Notice that this is after a very long (5ms) of CS going low.
  11. O

PaulS, sorry i'm checking the saleae software and it doesnt seem to let me do that.
  12. O

Logic analyzer. Note, CS pin is going low. This is about 5ms of data. and zoomed in:
  13. O

First of all I apologize to people because one thing I'm learning is this module needs to get a full reboot for it to behave. If i keep the usb connected, and program using platformio and then take measurements it seems like it locks up - and I think that accounts for the strange behavior with...
  14. O

MarkT, thanks for pointing me to the schematic. So maybe the teensy is not able to take it low for some reason. I'll put a square wave out on that pin and take a look at it on the scope. owen
  15. O

MarkT, my cheapo voltmeter with continuity checker does not find a short between CS and +5v. I have two airlift modules. When I measure between GND and CS I get about 800 ohms on both. Other suggestions to check? I think i have an arduino laying around and I might try connecting the module...
  16. O

KurtE, Yah i was looking forward to this thing sending telemetry data to for a balanceBot - I think it will be great. Yes, on this page: https://github.com/j3nsykes/OSC_propShield He also notes to use that library to be able to change pin settings. I've been using that library. I'll report...
  17. O

PaulS, thank you for your response. I have followed the wiring of the OSC_propShield page exactly. The choice to check the MAC address first was based on the statement here: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-airlift-breakout/arduino "If you don't even get the MAC address printed out, check...
  18. O

Folks, I have tried using the Adafruit airlift module with a teensy 3.2 using the wiring and code suggested here: https://github.com/j3nsykes/OSC_propShield I've checked all pin connections, they're solid. I'm using a separate power supply - the airlift is not dependent on the USB mAmperage...
  19. O

ISR routine does not appear to be passing back boolean?

thanks. digitalToggle() was a new one for me. I updated the the teens4 library and there it was. I'll look at the timing lengths of tickLoop() that may be what got me in trouble in the first place. preciate it.
  20. O

ISR routine does not appear to be passing back boolean?

Folks, I've using TeensyTimerTool and it is showing odd behavior. If I put a scope on the LED_PIN, in the code shown below, if I use loop(), it works fine. I get a very nice 8ms change in the LED_PIN. But in that version of loop() then I'm changing the volatile from the ISR which I thought was...
  21. O

is it okay to use analgoWrite() in an ISR?

Thanks. So just to confirm - it sounds like I can create local variables that are not volatile in the ISR function, correct? And, I will be sure not to make any calls to the pins used in ISR/analogWrites outside of the ISR.
  22. O

Thank you people. I thought I read somewhere that analogWrites that set PWM are based on interrupts, so I thought maybe I was creating code that might be working at cross-purposes.
  23. O

Hey folks, I'm been using code similar to what's below to run a brushless motor, but it involves sending to analogWrites to each of the three leads of a motor. I'd like to do be able to control velocity in a very precise way for a balancing robot, and to be able to change velocity outside of...
  24. O

Feasibility: Changing PWM independent of main loop - use an ISR?

Folks I've built a robot wheel with a built in custom circuit board with a L6234PD brushless motor driver. I'm using that assembly to make a balancing robot with a teensy 4.0. I'm hoping to make a mashup of this motor driver system with this balancing bot that used brushed motors. The...
  25. O

Teensy 3.6 cant take enable of L6234 high

I apologize it appears that there was something sporadic with the PCB. Sorry to take your time, and thanks for your help. thx
  26. O

Teensy 3.6 cant take enable of L6234 high

Hey Folks, I designed a PCB for a brushless motor driver. The picture shows a subset of the total circuit. The issue is I'm using L6234 motor drivers to run the BLDCs, and I tied all of their enable pins to one pin on a teensy 3.6. I figured if the teensy can drive 30mA on each pin it would be...
  27. O

Incrementing int produces bizarre behavior

Thanks for your help everyone. Your guesses were correct, it was some kind of weird serial display problem. I have changed the clock speed to 24Mhz - that did not help. When I tested if the incremented val was actually changing in value > 1 : void loop() { val++; if (val != old_val +...
  28. O

Interestingly, if I put: void loop() { val++; Serial.println(val); if (val > 30000) { val = 0; } } will roll over and behave the way I would expect .... with val going from 0 - 30000 with no bizarre behavior - also using platformio. I must have corrupted my programming...
  29. O

I used teensy3.2, on a macOS, with platforimio coding environment.
  30. O

Hello people, am I taking crazy pills? I have the following code: int val = 0; void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); } void loop() { val++; Serial.println(val); } Which produces the following (truncated output) 1 2 3 4 5 ...
  31. O

SPI chip that works find on a Uno but will not work with teensy 3.6

Thanks. I just discovered that before coming back to the forum - one of your suggestions is correct - the transition from the send to the read is too short. Adding a delayMicroseconds() did the trick. Thanks much.
  32. O

AS5048A rotary magnetic encoder.

I was able to figure the problem out. The issue is the teensy clock speed is too fast when it transitions from a read to a write. A delay is shown in the code: Did the trick for me.
  33. O

SPI chip that works find on a Uno but will not work with teensy 3.6

SPI chip works fine on a Uno but will not work with teensy 3.6 People I could use some help. I designed a circuit board to drive motors using the teensy 3.6. I've been very happy with the teensies and use them to drive brushless gimbal motors for my robots: example. So I designed another PCB...
Back