Search results

1. I

[posted] Piccolo MIDI sequencer based on Teensy 4.1

one more picture ! as you can see on that PCB there was still a flaw, that i had to fix with a jumpwire :rolleyes:
  2. I

[posted] Piccolo MIDI sequencer based on Teensy 4.1

Piccolo 4C Black is a stochastic MIDI sequencer developped since a few years ( around 2016) in solo I decided in 2023 to make its code and the schematics public, so here is is : https://github.com/SylvainVanIniitu/Piccolo-4C-Black Piccolo is a polyrythmic errorist and stochastic MIDI...
  3. I

teensy 4.1 + OLED 4x20 NHD-0420CW-AY3

sure, here are some pictures, the general wiring and the code that works... it's a beautiful screen, big, very relaxing for the eyes, works under every angle. really delighted with it. this is adapted from http://www.nhdforum.newhavendisplay.com/index.php?topic=914.0 * The...
  4. I

i seem to have a stable and 100% acccurate version now with the changes you suggested : // data(0x5C); // enable internal Vdd regulator at 5V I/O mode (def. value) (0x00 for disable, 2.8V I/O) data(0x00); // enable internal Vdd regulator at 5V I/O mode (def. value)...
  5. I

the "end of line" is just an artifact, due to the fact that the cursor moves one position and that the new lines starts again at x=0 actually upon further testing, this appears randomly, once in a while - it also appears with the regular letters, but is less obvious i also think that inserting...
  6. I

the display has no external power, i take the + from the teensy 3.3V pin i tried changing the line you pointed, it still does exactly the same the strange thing is that it's a the end of the lines... is the I²C expecting something to transmit and fails to do so when no new character comes ?
  7. I

yes, the output function, using regular characters, seems to be completely ok ( a bit more difficult to spot an occasional glitch tough ) if i use another character for the blocks function, it's the same : mostly OK, but occasionnally blank, often the last block of the line ps : time necessary...
  8. I

Hello, i am trying to use the Teensy 4.1 with an OLED 4x20 display, with I²C communications ; it works about 99,9% of the time well, but there is an occasionnal glitch, as you can see at the end of the 2nd line : there should be 2 more squares i used a code found on the newHaven forum, barely...
  9. I

rotary encoder : hardware debouncing

hello all, i have been working on a project including 7 rotary encoders and noticed after a lot of use that it sometimes had debouncing issues : the encoders are used to navigate menus and the display was sometimes jumpy. so i am trying to isolate an encoder and work on its stability. here i...
  10. I

fastest OLED display ?

ok, some time later, here is what i did : - tried one Nextion screen, beautiful design and wonderful for the eyes, but not really solving the problem as transmission speed was still much slowing down the problem - finally did some coding ( no idea if it was "real coding" as mentionned above...
  11. I

fastest OLED display ?

what about a completely different option : using a Nextion screen ? if i understand properly how it works, it should unload a lot of microcontroller work on the display...
  12. I

fastest OLED display ?

sounds right. T3.5 is fast enough for the MIDI calculations, when now hindered by printing on the screen, one main loop takes abou 70-80 microseconds. do you have any good examples on combining 2 Teensy ? as i asked above, simple serial communication ?
  13. I

fastest OLED display ?

good idea, indeed, i'll have a try.
  14. I

fastest OLED display ?

it is standard MIDI, but pushed to its limit speed, so when a very small delay arises, it's audible, as some kind of glitch. the whole calculation and MIDI note on/off is fast, but updating the screen ( even a single digit ) is comparatively very slow.
  15. I

fastest OLED display ?

interesting option : could they simply communicate through the serial Rx/Tx ? i've never done that before. are there some important things to know before jumpint into this option ?
  16. I

fastest OLED display ?

thanks for the answer, Kurt, it gives me some good directions to explore. i dont need to do anything fancy, just display some information once in a while, for instance scrolling a menu Sylvain
  17. I

fastest OLED display ?

hello, i am working on a MIDI project with a Teensy 3.5 that requires each iteration of the main loop to be as fast as possible ( right now around 90 microsec for 1 loop ), because it's managing MIDI delays ( each entering note, sometimes 6 notes/bar at 300BPM, generates 4 delays ). i...
  18. I

counting F8 without missing one

i left the 0xF8 out of the switch in order to quickly eliminate them from the buffer ; as an Electribe sends 6 0xF8 by step, they are usually much more present in the stream than notes
  19. I

counting F8 without missing one

hello, i am going back to a project that i abandonned a few months ago, because it involved counting every incoming F8 (clock) from a MIDI stream ( coming out of an Electribe mkII ) in a very precise way, even at high BPM. the problem was that the sketch was too slow and the buffer must be...
Back