Search results

1. M

MicroMod Beta Testing

@KurtE i also wanna thank you for sharing those files, and sorry for me confusing everything. glad we sorted it out! Happy new year!
  2. M

MicroMod Beta Testing

ye, that's what i am trying to say, not complaining, KurtE's documents have been a great help when designing my carrier board. But this is the reason i should have tried on the bench before makings pcbs!
  3. M

MicroMod Beta Testing

the problem is just that the MM pin numbers are swapped? Pin.........MM Pin 0...........19(should be 17?) 1...........17(should be 19?)
  4. M

MicroMod Beta Testing

i guess something on those two lines are wrong
  5. M

MicroMod Beta Testing

I have made my own carrier board, and was using KurtE's documents to make my own schematic symbols: https://github.com/KurtE/TeensyDocuments/blob/master/Teensy4%20MicroMod%20Pins.pdf
  6. M

MicroMod Beta Testing

Hi, i have connected a wiznet w5500 to SPI1(3) but having problems communicating, is there a chance CS0 and MISO are swapped in your document? MM pins 17, 19, or Teensy pins 0, 1
  7. M

Teensy MicroMod Ethernet on SPI1

i Have the same issues, but i cant rule out HW errors yet, but i am very curious how this progress, using the teensy micromod with the w5500 connected to SPI1, the same pins as atete. Include my schematic in case the actual error is there
  8. M

T4 FlexIO - Looking back at my T4 beta testing library FlexIO_t4

Im just making sure i get the flex io right. I needed another spi bus on a project, all dedicated buses are already in use, so i looked into flexIO and i have some pins on the MicroMod teensy available (44, 46, 48, 73) which is part of flexIO "2" which should be fully featured with dma support...
  9. M

add ethernet to a micromod format teensy

I have marked the pins with a green dot to make it easier to see. As i need both spi and sd card on this carrier, are those pins also changeable with a define? Im gonna design my next prototype with the MM t4 and the w5500, as i already have proto with t4.1 and Ethernet up and running. and...
  10. M

no audio. just lots of control signals (cv, midi, osc) ill see if i can get you the gerbers later, its quite specific pcb with some expensive parts...
  11. M

i have decided to switch the t4.1 in project to a micromod teensy. But i need ethernet for the project, to send and recive osc, and maybe artnet, i guess my only requirement is "no audible latency" I feel like my options are: -Use a spi ethernet ic on my carrier board like W5500 (afraid this...
  12. M

Future Teensy features & pinout

This might be impossible with the NDA and all, but after seing MIPI CSI/DSI support on the 1170, this would be the one feature i wish was on the next Teensy! Those crisp phone displays that are always out of reach!
  13. M

[posted] Teensy Powered - HD Radio

what screen are you using, looks very good
  14. M

Bootloader Chip For Teensy 4.0

Does anyone know whats the part number for the crystals on the t4/t4.1 I have Google what I could read on top of the package but can't find anything
  15. M

Im quite interested! But Im quite new to all of this. But I have started creating my own schematic from pauls schematics. And also borowing some stuff from the micromod t4 by sparkfun My main reason is that I need a micromod teensy with ethernet, and debugging if I ever want to move beyond arduino
  16. M

Hey, just wanted to double check before i begin my first bga adventure This is one of the compatible processor chips right? https://lcsc.com/product-detail/NXP-MCU_NXP-Semicon-MIMXRT1064DVL6A_C880325.html (EDIT) just realized its not haha. sry But this one...
  17. M

Teensy MicroMod

oh yeah, sry. i mean the IMXRT1170 teensy. dont know why i just assumed that the IMXRT1170 teensy would be called teensy 5... hmmm seems like a shame to not get ethernet on the micromods, but then again, not many users need it, just happens that i need it :)
  18. M

Teensy MicroMod

A micromod Teensy 4 seems really interesting, im guessing it wont come with a ethernet PHY, would it be as simple to add a DP83825I to the carrier board and then just use the native Ethernet lib? Also really hoping we will get a Teensy 5 micromod!
  19. M

DAC81408 cant get any output

just got it working, but just for fun i made it output sqaurewaves (on all 8 channels) and i measured them at 2.7kHz using delaymicroseconds(1) probably much faster if you know how to code ;), it supports spi clocks up to 50Mhz
  20. M

haha never mind, we forgot to turn on the interna ref, and enebling the dac etc. Working fine now!
  21. M

Hey, my and my friend is trying to get the TI DAC81408 to work on our custom board, we think we got the code right, but cant seem to get any output from the dac. we are both kinda new trying to implement Spi devices from a datasheet, so i am hoping we made something wrong in the code rather than...
  22. M

Teensy 4.1 and DSP performance, and possible alternatives

Thx. That's all I needed to hear. I'm gonna stick with teensy :)
  23. M

Teensy 4.1 and DSP performance, and possible alternatives

Hi, im trying to get my head around dsp and micro-controllers, from the all the documentation of the i.MX RT1060 i cant find anything about dsp features, but the stm32h7 talk about great dsp performance in the header on the product page...
  24. M

Oled display, "TL2796"

Yeah, probably not, wondering how hard it would be to port an existing lcd lib to a display like this
  25. M

Oled display, "TL2796"

Thanks, how did i miss that? i think i mixed it up with this https://www.lcds-center.com/parameter_Eurotech_ET033FW01-O(OLED_3.3-inch_480x800).html very similar. anyways, cant find any datasheet for any of those controllers, but i really want a "bigger" oled for my project
  26. M

Oled display, "TL2796"

Hey, i have been looking at these 3-3.7 inch oleds and im wondering if anyone now how to use them with a teensy The driver ic seems to be TL2796, but im uncertain. i have asked for datasheets on these displays, but still waiting...
  27. M

ST7796s TFT Send 3bit data when 16bits is expected over spi

Thanks for your quick reply, ill guess ill have to hunt down a screen with the ili9488 controller then :) But it looks very promising, i just hope i'm interpreting this right:
  28. M

ST7796s TFT Send 3bit data when 16bits is expected over spi

I was wondering i anyone knew if there's a way to send less bits to the display to increase spi transfer speeds. the ST7796s has an idle mode the supports 8 colors, but the controller seems to still expect atleast 16bit of color data from the mcu over spi. i just need 8 colors for my project so...
  29. M

midi in with 3.5mm connector overvoltage protection cuircuit

just changed the 10k to 110R and now its working, gonna change my new boards to 5v but for now 3.3 works regarding software controlled trs control, it would be awesome, i read in the stackechange post something about a full wave rectifier should make the hardware accept both polarities, but...
  30. M

Just wanted to know if it was safe to try this, changing the power to 5volts? And change r114 from 10k to 110R? Don't wanna fry (another) teensy :)
  31. M

Just tried to change the 10k resistor to a 4.7k one, keeping the power cuircuit at 3.3v and it does not seem to work like this:
  32. M

OK, but then i could probably use my original schematic, but changing it like this? or should i keep 3.3v on the power protection? The reason i sleected the MC74VHC1GT04 was because i read this in the datasheet, which sounded like what i wanted: "The input protection circuitry on this...
  33. M

maybe a 74AHCT240 will do the trick, or MC74VHC1GT04?
  34. M

Ye, ok thx. midi stuff don't recognize any input, so i guess this circuit don't work with 3.3v
  35. M

That sounds good, are there any 74hct that can buffer, level shift and invert the signal?
  36. M

I tested the "plug in and out issue" with another device(elektron machinedrum), and it does not seem to care have many times i plug the cable in and out , so i blaming the device(squarp pyramid)
  37. M

Hi, i found a nice schematic for a over-voltage protection circuit when using 3.5mm connectors for midi, as users might plug cv and gate(+-12v) in accidentally The schematic/discussion can be found here: https://electronics.stackexchange.com/a/423181/273704 after some doing some measuring i...
  38. M

New MCP23S17 Library

that did it, thanks! :D
  39. M

New MCP23S17 Library

btw, by changing pin i mean changing pin no. in the constructor, not changing any physical connection as im using a pcb i made
  40. M

New MCP23S17 Library

yeah, but pin 10 is used for another spi device, so a bit of a problem there, could this be some kind of software bugg? i tried using the adc (that uses cs 10) and the mcp at the same time and had no problems(accept that i need to change CS pins as mentioned in my other post), so i guess my spi...
  41. M

New MCP23S17 Library

well im happy that it works, but a bit anoyed i have the change CS pins on every new power up :) and thanks for trying to help!
  42. M

New MCP23S17 Library

im not using the adc when testing the mcp, im using your example in first post as i said, and no added code. The adc and a couple of other things are attached to the same spi bus. but i dont try to communicate to them. (as i said, im using your example) I only mentioned the adc becuse it could...
  43. M

New MCP23S17 Library

wtf, sucess! i changes CS to 36, then back to 37 and it started working! if i cut power i need change to 36 then back to 37 again to make it work.
  44. M

New MCP23S17 Library

i dont know what to test anymore. very confused, i have continuity on the miso line, between teensy and the mcp, i have an adc sends data on the same spi bus just fine. there seem to be data sent and recived only when restarting my teensy, then theres not even clock output, the output from the...
  45. M

New MCP23S17 Library

very strange. using this lib i can write: https://github.com/sumotoy/gpio_MCP23S17/blob/master/gpio_MCP23S17.h no sucess at reading though code: #include <SPI.h> #include <gpio_MCP23S17.h> // import library int va = 3; gpio_MCP23S17 mcp(37,0x20);//instance (address A0,A1,A2 tied to +) int...
  46. M

New MCP23S17 Library

mosi: 11 miso: 12 clk: 13
  47. M

New MCP23S17 Library

Yes, i tried, just get "no mpc detected" could it be that i i got some other lib named "mcp23s17.h" installed that interferes? if i get the no mpc ouput in the serial monitor i guess least the library works correct? Its very strange as i could send data to the mpc with another lib. using the...
  48. M

New MCP23S17 Library

Hi, im having trouble using this lib with my teensy 4, i have used another lib to successfully setting the outputs of the mcp from low to high and back. but this library just says no mcp detected. could anyone make a simple example of reading the (8)GPA pins and writing to the (8)GPB pins, my...
  49. M

mcp23s17 and sumotoy gpio_MCP23S17

Hi, i had sucess writing to the mcp, but i cant seem to read, i dont find a simple example on how to read. i messure 3.3v at the pin but my code reports 0 whatever i do. im quite certain its the code but cant a find a basic read example, anyone that could help me? Heres my code: #include...
Back