Search results

1. M

T4 with SSD1306 on alternate i2c (SDA1/SCL1)

I ended up finding a solution with the help of someone on r/teensy. The solution we found was two fold: first, I needed to manually define the address that the display was using, and then the address had to be bit shifted by 1 position. So the line display.setI2CAddress(0x3D<<1); got the code to...
  2. M

T4 with SSD1306 on alternate i2c (SDA1/SCL1)

have you found a solution to your problem? I'm having a similar issue, only I can't get the U8x8 library to display anything on my SSD1306 display. I'm using the 938 OLED from adafruit. I've written to the author of the library, but so far we haven't figured out a solution
  3. M

Teensy LC + Arduino OLED Display = Image, but it's moving

Hi Folks, I have a Teensy LC driving an Adafruit 1.3" OLED (the 938 model) via I2C. When I load up the Arduino example code for this display (ssd1306_128x64_i2c), the sketch runs, but the whole display shifts. As if the 0,0 coordinate that is normally in the upper left corner is incrementally...
  4. M

MIDI Passthrough Control with Op-Amp

I see. What would you suggest I do to have control over the MIDI passthrough?
  5. M

Ah! It seems I have made a drafting mistake. The MIDI in from J1 is meant to go into the non-inverting input, while the control signal from the teensy is meant to go into the inverting input. The feedback resistor is also meant to feed the inverting input. I've attached the correct schematic...
  6. M

Hi JKIM, That didn't seem to make much of a difference. My hope in using the op-amp is that it would present such a small current draw (600nA idle, 1uA max according to the datasheet) that it would be practically invisible to the MIDI circuit. I appreciate the help though! Thanks
  7. M

Hi Mark! There is: This circuit is part of a larger project that I've been working on, where we've already built some prototypes. In testing the most recent prototype (using the teensy's built in MIDI thru function), I measured an average latency of 120ms to 160ms from the time a MIDI message...
  8. M

Hi Folks, I'm back again, in need of some advice! Here's what I'm looking at: Goal: MIDI passthrough from input to output enabled/disabled by a PWM pin on a microcontroller (Teensy 4.0). I previously tried to accomplish this with a MOSFET with no success. It was recommended to me to consider...
  9. M

MIDI Passthrough via MOSFET

Thanks for the speedy response. Right now this is built on a breadboard, so no soldering in the setup yet. You're post made me take a second look at the schematic and I don't believe I drew it correctly. The tx should be connected to pin 3 on the MIDI output, not pin 2. Previously, any time a...
  10. M

MIDI Passthrough via MOSFET

Hi Folks, Hitting a snag with a project. I'm trying to control passthrough of MIDI messages using a MOSFET, while still allowing MIDI input and output from a Teensy 4.0. I've successfully controlled a MIDI passthrough by sending the data line through a MOSFET controlled by an arduino uno...
  11. M

Receive MIDI via USB Host Pads?

Wow, so much great info here. Thanks for the help everyone! I think I'll poke around USBHost-t36!
  12. M

Thanks for the info! I came across the USBHost_t36 library, but got tripped up a bit on getting it loaded into the Arduino IDE. So I'll have to take a closer look at that! If I were to connect the main USB port on the teensy to the USB A I have on my PCB, would usbMIDI still read a MIDI message...
  13. M

Hi Folks, Am I mistaken in thinking that the USB Host pads on the bottom of a teensy (4.0 in my case) is where usbMIDI.read() looks? One mechanic of the project I'm working in is for my device to act as a USB host and display the MIDI message that the peripheral MIDI device outputs. The D+/D-...
  14. M

Is it possible? OLED I2C SH1106 using Arduino GFX Library

Hey folks, Has anyone seen any evidence of a library that can display information on a 128x64 I2C display using SH1106 along with Adafruit GFX? I've been working on a project and have been prototyping with a 128x32 I2C display that uses SSD1306 along with Adafruit GFX and it's all gone...
Back