Search results

1. B

EtherCat on Teensy 4.1?

I've seen a few posts from a couple years ago but nothing with much info. I've seen some projects using an Arduino and this ethercat shield: https://www.bausano.net/en/hardware/easycat.html It seems like it would be a hell of alot cheaper and probably better to just use a Teensy 4.1 especially...
  2. B

cabled I2C PCB considerations

I'm re-doing a project that originally used an Arduino Mega. I wanted to use a Teensy 4.1 but it's short on pins and voltage level...etc. I have to make some changes basically to work around some firmware issues and I figure I may as well just switch to the Teensy since I have to redo the PCBs...
  3. B

Question about using similar open source firmware on Teensy 4.1

I'm not much of a code person myself but I've been hoping an open source firmware project for the Teensy 4.x would pop up for use with LinuxCNC. That hasn't quite happened yet but there's a firmware project called Remora that initially targeted STM32 boards over SPI. The author extended it to...
  4. B

Preferred local PCB comms, UART or USB?

I started thinking about making a PCB that will carry both a Teensy 4.1 and an Rpi CM4. I've had a couple of CM4s sitting in a drawer next to a bunch of Teensy 4.0s and 4.1s for a while now. I got the bug to build a PnP machine, and somehow a 3D printer as well which I haven't had as of yet...
  5. B

Mbedos support for Teensy4.x?

I've ran across the old thread here but it's over a year since the last reply so I'll leave it dead. Anyhow what I really wanted to do is find a way to use a Teensy 4.1 as the motioncotroller for LinuxCNC. Closest project I found that isn't in danger of dying off is Remora...
  6. B

Paid Gig (Teensy 4.1 programming)

Not sure if this is the correct or appropriate place to post this but I'm not big on programming and I have a gizmo I need to get running. It's a general purpose IO controller and there's a Teensy 4.1 in there somewhere. I've got a basic program setup just to make sure everything works and...
  7. B

Serial baudrate change on the fly?

First off, I'm not a software guy. A friend is helping me out with a program and how to go about doing this came up so I figured I'd help try to find an answer. What would be needed to reinitialize the UARTs with a different baudrate during runtime? Serialx.end doesn't appear to exist in the...
  8. B

Teensy PC fan/RGB controller

Kind of a shameless shilling for code post, but I'm not much into writing code, I'm a hardware guy. If there's a better place for this post I can move it. So I've been upgrading my PC alot lately and just got into custom watercooling and I'm not particularly thrilled about the controller...
Back