Center-aligned PWM using FTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

someteen

Hello,

I'm using a Teensy 3.1 to generate two PWM signals to drive a Mosfet h-bridge. For now, I'm using an edge-aligned PWM scheme but I'd like to change it for a center-aligned one.

As I have a separate circuit for dead time insertion and complementary signal generation, I only need to generate two center-aligned PWM signals with independent duty-cycles (one PWM signal for every bridge's leg).

As far as I've read, I only saw examples of complementary pairs of signals, using COMBINE mode.

In my current hardware implementation, I'm using FTM0_CH2 and FTM0_CH3 pins to generate the PWM signals, hence I need to avoid the combine mode (which links CH2/CH3 pair to a single PWM signal).

Although the Freescale reference manual is hard to understand, I guess there should be possible to generate center-aligned PWM signals without "combine" feature but I don't really get the whole picture.

Does anyone know what should be the FTM0 registry settings to enable this feature (center-aligned PWM without using the combine mode)? Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back