Issue with compiling for a Teensy LC between an intel Mac to a M1 Pro Mac... The Intel compile works the M1 compile (compiles but Fails on device)

Brion Sohn

So the problem I am having is VERY weird..

NOTE: I am unable to put code because #1 - it's proprietary, and #2 even if you installed it it wouldn't work due to check features placed in the code. But actually CODE itself is not the issue this is something with the compiler.

I updated my M1 Mac with the latest Arduino IDE 2.2.1 and things started going strange.. Basically the code will compile and install but any press of a button that is made the Teensy LC will disconnect from USB for a split second instead of actually pressing a button.

I am running Teensy profiles 1.57.2 with a Extended Joystick Modification (which has been working for a long time actually).

So once this failed I went back to my old intel Mac and have the same setup.. 2.2.1 and Teensy 1.57.2 and the code compiles and uploads but for that computer it works absolutely perfectly..

I am attaching the compiler verbose for each upload..

The interesting thing is the only differences I see in the files between the Failed version and the non failed (other than - Time of Creation, USP Port, and what appears to be Cache location due to being on a different computer) is the final size of the Compile..

The Failed version used 28 bytes of Storage space and 64 bytes more Dynamic Memory than the compile from the intel Mac that doesn't fail on the device.

So I guess this post is more for a "Any Clue?" or have you experienced anything like this and were you able to solve it.. As Personally I do not know enough about the compiling system to know exactly why one would add extra information that would cause corruption in the final firmware on the device

Attachments

• TeensyUploadVerbose-Fail.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 11
  • TeensyUploadVerbose.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 12
I am not an expert in any way - but there's a feature in the latest OS that fails with upload. Clever folk will work out a way of getting around... I got my old MacBook out the cupboard

Yea that is what I am doing at this moment, though it is very weird as it seems to compile OK with other sketches.. Maybe it is a memory thing where it is trying to put something in a bad place when compiling.. Still Weird though that it works fine on one computer and not on the other.

Small Update - It definitely appears to be ONLY a Teensy Compiler issue.. as I Ported the same code to the Arduino Leonardo and that device has no issue running it.. Wish I knew what was going on here but I am not that versed in the way the compiler works.. The other sort of strange thing is other programs DO seem to compile ok so I am guessing that it is something that the compiler is mis-interpreting.. Again have no clue as to what and why?

I have been using the normal Arduino IDE.. 2.2.1. I haven't really messed with it in a while to know for sure if it is still an issue with any updates to the Arduino IDE or the teensy Package updates.

Back