Under-heel kick drum pedal

danlaut

Absolute novice here. I have a Teensy 3.6 and I know how to program, but am a babe in the woods where it comes to electronic circuitry.
The concept is to store a kick drum wave file (just one thump) on the Teensy and trigger it by means of a piezo transducer under my stomping heel.
(I am half of a duo and it is meant to fill a gap in our sound.)
The output would go via DAC to the amp's line in. Ideally, the piezo would also control the amplitude of the output.

I have an PT8211_AUDIO_KIT on order and I know I'll need a 1 MOhm resistor somewhere. And that's where I am.
Eternal gratitude for any other advice than 'give it up, buddy'.

@danlaut: Take a look at the "SamplePlayer" example sketch, which can be accessed from the Arduino IDE (make sure that you have the T3.6 selected as the Board type under Tools) by clicking on File > Examples > Audio > SamplePlayer. That should help you with the basics of replaying a WAV file. The piezo trigger might be slightly more of a challenge, but at least you should be able to get the audio part working quickly.

Hope that helps . . .

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Thanks bunches! Taming the piezo is indeed a challenge, but I found a really good tutorial at
, in case you're interested.

Back