Teensy 3.0/3.1 + Labview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awwende

I came across the modified LVIFA_Base code to install on a teensy 2.0 and I assume 2++ to interact with LabView. Does anyone know if there's a further revision for the Teensy 3.0 or 3.1?

I know before the modification couldn't have been too difficult to make since the 2.0 uses the ATmega32u4, but with the 3.0 having an ARM chip I'm wondering if there has been a modification for that.

I would love to use the 3.0, mostly for the increased resolution of the ADC, but I haven't come across anything that has allowed me to connect the 3.0 to LabView.

So after reading that, it looks like no, there is currently no support to interface teensy 3.0/3.1 with LabView (other than manually sending serial data).

I've seen freeware macro plug-ins for Excel and serial data coming in which is structured in format.

So after reading that, it looks like no, there is currently no support to interface teensy 3.0/3.1 with LabView (other than manually sending serial data).

I've used Labview many times with my Teensy 3.0. Though there is no LV support for Teensy or Arduino "Hardware" i.e. register access and such, everything is done through the "Serial" interfaces: USB Serial, Hardware Serial, SoftSerial.

Have you got the teensy talking to labview through Serial yet? Labview has a few examples for using serial ports. If you tell me where your at with this and what you are trying to do, I can probably help.

duff

I've used Labview many times with my Teensy 3.0. Though there is no LV support for Teensy or Arduino "Hardware" i.e. register access and such, everything is done through the "Serial" interfaces: USB Serial, Hardware Serial, SoftSerial.

I came to the same realization. I've started off with a simple read and write bytes between the Teensy and LabView. I modified Arduino code to turn on and off the on board LED based on the incoming byte being a "0" or "1". I'm trying more advanced read/write to first control more hardware per packet (like LED control and servo control). currently I'm trying to just echo the bytes coming into the Teensy back to Labview.

The plan will be to set up a packet of controls to the Teensy and then packets of sensor information back to LabView.

Been out a week, so catching up, retraining...

There's a group in their forums for it.

http://ni.com/arduino

I'm drinking from a firehose, but I downloaded LVIFA's git and am starting to play with it, looking at Paul's stuff, etc. Consider me a newb/noob with most of this, so if you're waiting on ME do get it done, may be awhile if ever. There - you've been warned.

I'm up to the point of getting the LV -1073807360 error with a v3.1. I've got a couple 3.0's around too, but no 2's for comparison/verification things are setup properly to start.

Last edited:
I'm a newb to Teensy, but I'm also very interested in controlling a Teensy 3.1 with Labview. As a mentor for FIRST Robotics, I work with several local high schools and they all use Labview. I'm turning some of the students on to Teensy and they love the size, features, performance, and the Arduino connection (Teensyduino).

Any guidance on how to control/access Teensy 3.1 features with Labview would be appreciated.

Any guidance on how to control/access Teensy 3.1 features with Labview would be appreciated.

At this point, it looks like it's dive in with me to try figuring it out. I'm familiar with LabVIEW, and a little c, but the rest, not so much. So far I haven't drowned, but I'm not getting a lot of air yet either. Learning stuff along the way tho'. ;)

Hello all,

I raised the questions of Teensy 3 / 3.1 support in LINX, wich is the replacement toolkit of LIFA, developed by Samuel Kristoff from Labview Hacker.

Sam seems open to the idea.
If some of you are willing (and have the competency, not like me :) to help , don't hesitate to check the LH forum page here :
https://www.labviewhacker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26

regards

antoine

Last edited:
Main sticking point looks like it's the same as for LIFA. Getting LV to recognize the 3.x board properly. I can get the firmware compiled, but the VISA clear is choking on something. Also getting this error during compile. Doesn't happen for the 2.0.
C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\build1956113486934712470.tmp\LIFA_Base. cpp -o C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\build1956113486934712470.tmp\LIFA_Base .cpp.o
LabVIEWInterface.ino: In function 'unsigned char checksum_Compute(unsigned char*)':
LabVIEWInterface.ino:720:27: warning: 'checksum' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]

Last edited:
Hello all,
If some of you are willing (and have the competency, not like me :) to help , don't hesitate to check the LH forum page here :
https://www.labviewhacker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26
antoine

This isn't XDA <thankfully>, but they're right about one thing. If you wait for someone else to learn it and do it for you, you might be waiting a long time.

Seems to me LIFA is way closer to having Teensy3 work than LINX, but seems LIFA has been abandoned.

Oh well, enough of my whining. Back to thrashing around.

Last edited:
If you wait for someone else to learn it and do it for you, you might be waiting a long time.
sure, and don't worry, I'am not lying theire waiting for solutions to happend magically ;-)
I surely try to learn and get involve, but my background is what it is, and roma was not build in one day.
Connecting peoples from two community, that had more or less the same target was one step among others.

Seems to me LIFA is way closer to having Teensy3 work than LINX

May I ask you why you come to this conclusion?

regards

antoine

Took some time off from it. All the code was starting to look the same :(

@mknix: Last I'd looked, Teensyduino libs are verified working with 2.0 & LIFA. Not yet with LYNX. That's why I'm thinking LIFA is closer for 3.x. Just needs to somehow get the serial port to play with VISA (assuming a LOT, but it's what I'm seeing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back