Touchscreen LCD for the teensy 3.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbalTea

Looking to build a small MIDI controller for Ableton. Has a touchscreen LCD been done before? I see some cheap ones for the Raspberry Pi but I'm assuming the two would not be compatible.

Wonderful! I see you're responsible for the library, haha cheers, thanks for the hard work. It is only available in one size?

There are a lot of people who have done lots of work on the library, especially Paul!

There are many other libraries out there that support a lot of different display controllers. So the real question is, can you find a display you like. Obviously ones that connect up using HDMI to things like the RPI, would be problematic. But any of them that connect using Serial, or I2C, or SPI can likely work. Some easier than others.

Do you know of any instructions for connecting a Teensy 3.6 and the "Color 320x240 TFT Touchscreen, ILI9341 Controller Chip" I just purchased from the PJRC store and what libraries to use? I'm looking for a solution with touch screen calibration.

I've tried the examples. The XPT2046_Touchscreen/examples/TouchTest/TouchTest.ino doesn't include using the display and just spits out random numbers to the terminal unless I slow the t3 down a bunch.

The "XPT2046_Touchscreen/examples/ILI9341Test/ILI9341Test.ino" example has a similar problem and neither include any kind of info regarding touch screen calibration or how to convert touch coordinates to pixels. Does anyone have a working example for the T3?

I have a version of the touch paint program for the Ili9341 display, with my ili9341_t3n library: https://github.com/KurtE/ILI9341_t3n/tree/master/examples/touchpaint_xpt2046

That did the touch paint using it. Note: my calibration may not be completely accurate. You should be able to adjust for your own display by having a simple program which spits out the raw touch values and move to the different edges and find the min/max values. Then you can use map function to convert to screen coordinates.

I believe @defragster has a similar example. Both were mentioned in other posts before.

Wow, works like a charm. All I did was download the zip and upload the touchpaint_xpt2046.ino and wha la!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back