TEENSY 3.6 is suddenly not being detected after working fine for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakula1

Hi

I am using Teensy 3.6 to control the motor speed. I use PID library in order to achieve that. We sense the the optometry information from the encoders into the teensy and based of that maintain the desired speed of the motors. We also you rosserial_python package in order to communicate the odometer information to a ROS node. I also have a switch connected to one of the pins on teensy that sents a signal to maintain the desired speed or not (Example if the switch is on then motors are driven to the desired speed and if the switch is off then motors are maintained at zero speed). I was working with this setup for a while and had no issue. Later i added another sensor (BNO055) which is a IMU. The IMU was powered from the 3.3 V pin of the teensy and then connected to SCL0,SDA0 pins 19,18 respectively. Initially i did not have any issue but after few days my teensy was not detected by my computer( i am using a ubuntu 16.04 LTS 32 Bit system) i get following error when i run my rosserial package

AGR:~$ rosrun rosserial_python serial_node.py
[INFO] [1508512460.674570]: ROS Serial Python Node
[INFO] [1508512460.681195]: Connecting to /dev/ttyACM0 at 115200 baud
Before the function call is made to client.run
[ERROR] [1508512460.684652]: Error opening serial: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/ttyACM0: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/ttyACM0

Later i replaced my teensy with a new one and then works for couple of days and then i have the same issue again. I even tried to remove the wiring of the IMU sensor and then place a new teensy even then it worked for couple of day then even this teensy is not recognized now and i am not what is causing the issue. Any help regarding this really appreciated.

regards
Dhanraj

Attachments

• IMG_20171020_111948-min.jpg
    IMG_20171020_111948-min.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 202
What is connected to VIN ?
On your motordriver board - are the pull-up resistors on the inputs ? to 5v?

Can you remove the Teensy 3.6 from that breadboard and test it without anything else connected?

If the VIN-VUSB pads were cut apart, use solder to reconnect them. Test with just a USB cable and no other connections to the Teensy.

Use Teensy Loader for testing. Make sure Auto mode is turned off. Then press the button on Teensy and watch the Teensy Loader window. Look for the response with Teensy Loader, not on /dev/ttyACM0, because Teensy uses HID protocol when in bootloader mode.

If the hardware is still good, you should see Teensy Loader recognize the board.

If not, there is 1 last hope. Pressing the button for exactly 15 seconds causes a full memory erase. The button press must be more than 13 and less than 17 seconds, so the only realistic way to do this is with a timer or clock with seconds.

Once Teensy Loader recognizes the board, you can try reprogramming it with code to test things, like LED blink on different pins.

But if Teensy Loader will not recognize the board after the button press, then it's very likely the hardware somehow was damaged.

I did try the steps which you mentioned and the teensy is still not recognized.I am pretty sure that the hardware is damaged because the teensy gets really hot, but is there a way in which i can find out what is the reason for this failure. Any inputs on how to debug this would be very helpful.

regards
Dhanraj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back