Search results

1. E

Which radio protocol?

I'm working on a project that involves several low power sensors that will report data back to a central point. Sensors will be up to 1km from the central point. There are a number of different radio options for Arduino/Teensy, but I'm not sure which one to select. I'm leaning toward LoraWAN...
  2. E

Teensy 3.1 SPI CS pins

Is there any trick to using the "alternate" CS pins for SPI (2,6,9,15,20,21,22,23)? I'm trying to use 15 and 20 as CS pins, but not having any luck. Same setup using pin 10 works fine. Thanks!
  3. E

Custom Teensy 3.1 PCB troubleshooting

I've built a custom PCB based on the Teensy 3.1 schematic from PJRC and I am using a Mini54 purchased from PJRC. On power up, it doesn't appear the Mini54 is properly communicating with the Mk20. I've read through the links on the PJRC Mini54 page and I don't appear to have any of the issues...
  4. E

New 6DOF sensor with optical analog output

I found a new 6DOF sensor. Properties: Optical analog output Low power consumption The gyro tends to tumble above 5g, but it is self resetting Output is inverted Surface mount I call it the JRT-6DOF. Scroll down for a photo. That's Chloe the Jack...
  5. E

Hot air station recommendation

I'm looking at buying a hot air rework station and am looking for recommendations. I don't want to spend a crazy amount of money, but I am willing to buy quality if it's not a huge amount. Ideally I'd like to be under $300 for a combined hot air/solder station. I think I want a vacuum pickup...
  6. E

Questions on Teensy 3.1 components

As part of a project I'm working on, I may want to build my own integrated Teensy 3.1 (using a MINI54 from Paul) and I have questions about what components are used on the Teensy 3.1. Based on the schematic available, I'm looking for make/model/value for the following components: - Diodes...
  7. E

Teensy 3.1 SPI, U8Glib and SDfat

I'm using a Teensy 3.1 along with a SPI based SD card using SDfat and a SPI based OLED display using U8Glib on the same SPI bus (with separate SS/CS lines). So far, each one works by itself, but both together do not work (as I expected.) The display is using software SPI, as I haven't been...
  8. E

I2C NVRAM odd behavior

OK, now that (I think) I fixed my I2C issues, I'm seeing odd behavior read/writing data to the NVRAM (Adesto RM24EP32). If I write values of zero to the NVRAM a subsequent read returns zeros. But, if I write non-zero numbers to the NVRAM, it returns either 0, 4294967295.////// or...
  9. E

Teensy 3.1 hangs on Wire.endTransmission()

Teensy 3.1 with Adesto RM24P NVRAM connected to SDA/SCL (18/19). Trying to get I2C working, but it's hanging on Wire.endTransmission(). I found several other threads on the same problem, but I did not see a resolution on any of them. Here is a basic I2C scanner sketch that hangs: //...
  10. E

Problem with TinyGPS++ and U8GLIB on Teensy 3.1

I'm having an interesting problem with what appears to be an odd interaction with U8GLIB and TinyGPS++ on a Teensy 3.1. Here is the code: // SPI library #include <SPI.h> // GPS library #include <TinyGPS++.h> // Display library #include <U8glib.h> // Debugging statements to serial monitor...
  11. E

Random thoughts on code bloat

While updating an app on my iPhone today, I noted that the update was 40MB in size. For some reason, this got me to thinking about my early days in computers, starting in about 1979 or so. Of course, like most kids of that era, I used the Apple II, TRS-80, Atari 400/800, etc. Then in about...
  12. E

Sheer genious!

Paul, it was a brilliant idea to make the Teensy 3.1 available through OSH Park! I think I've purchased at least one every time I've ordered boards from them. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all of them right now, but I'll come up with something!
  13. E

Teensy 3.1 and Bluegiga WF121 Wifi module

Has anyone used the Bluegiga WF121 Wifi module (https://www.bluegiga.com/en-US/products/wifi-modules/wf121-wifi-module/) with the Teensy 3.1 (or any Arduino platform)? It looks like a good alternative to the CC3000 as it has quite a bit more capability.
  14. E

Powering Teensy 3.1 with external 3.3v

I've read through all the posts I could find but I'm still not clear. When powering a Teensy 3.1 with external 3.3v, do I only need to connect it to one of the 3.3v pins, or should I connect to all of them? What about the 3.3vout pin?
  15. E

Wireless access of SD card data

Is there a way to wirelessly access the data on an SD card attached to a Teensy 3.1? I am writing GPS log data to an SD card and want to subsequently access that data on a PC without removing the card from the Teensy. Is that possible?
  16. E

Looking for electrical review on my project

I'm looking for an electrical review of a project I'm working on. I'm getting ready to have some prototype PCB's made (probably at OSHPark). I'm using Eagle and I've used the OSHPark design rules. Any input is appreciated! Here is the schematic: And here is where I am with the PCB (both...
  17. E

NVRAM for Teensy 3.1

I'm looking to add a small amount of NVRAM to a project using the Teensy 3.1. I need to write new data to NVRAM constantly, so using the EEPROM is out as it would only last a very short time. I'm looking at this chip: http://www.adestotech.com/sites/default/files/datasheets/DS-RM24EP32.pdf...
Back