Search results

1. E

convert .raw to .wav

You definitely can. You just have to add a valid WAV header to the .raw file. The wav header format is described here: https://isip.piconepress.com/projects/speech/software/tutorials/production/fundamentals/v1.0/section_02/s02_01_p05.html Its a group of (usually? always?) 44 bytes tacked on...
  2. E

Purpose of P MOSFET on T4's circuit vs the dual diode on T3.5's circuit?

Hey guys, Was curious about why the T3.5 opts for a pair of diodes after the ferrite bead whereas the T4 has a P channel mosfet? Are there any advantages or tradeoffs to that? thanks!
  3. E

What kind of solder does Teensy 3.2 use?

Hey guys, I'm planning on dismantling a pair of T3.2 and a T3.5 to salvage the MCU's and regulators (chip shortage) and was wondering does anyone know what type of solder they're manufactured with? Just so I can try to avoid mixing different types when I reuse them. Hard to believe we used...
  4. E

Can the T3 Bootloader Implement Variations of the MK20 such as this?

Hey guys Just wondering if the T3 Bootloader would work for an MK20DX128 like this https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/nxp-usa-inc/MK20DX128VFM5/3507507 Thanks!
  5. E

T3.5 Ignores Button Press, Not Seen by Computer

I've got a new T3.5 with a couple of problems: First, when connected to the computer, pressing the button has absolutely no effect, I attached a video showing this; it just keeps blinking. here's a video of that: https://vimeo.com/559734370 Second, I was having issues getting the computer to...
  6. E

PlaySerialFlashRaw is playing at half speed, T3.5

yes they are in stereo, that was it! Thanks, I totally forgot that I used to collapse my files into mono before loading them into flash
  7. E

PlaySerialFlashRaw is playing at half speed, T3.5

Hey guys, I'm using the Audio library on a T3.5 and have a W25Q128 flash chip connected (no audio shield but using those same pins) When I use AudioPlaySerialflashRaw my files are playing back at half speed...I copied the files from my micro SD, and if I use AudioPlaySDWav to play the files...
  8. E

Help Troubleshooting Custom T3.5 using 100 pin LQFP Package??

Okay I figured it out...friggin VOUT33 was weakly connected and I guess when I probed it the first time I put some pressure on it that made it register as connected to the 3.3V line, but after removing the probe it sprung back up a tiny bit to be unconnected again. I reflowed that side with a...
  9. E

Also I'm not sure why, but if I short the MKL02 reset pads to ground with my voltage probe touching RESET_B, it goes from .08 to 0, and then when I unshort it jumps to 3.3V and stays there, but only as long as I keep the voltage probe touching. If I lift the probe off of RESET_B and then touch...
  10. E

I unfortunately don't have an oscilloscope at the moment, but given that RESET_B reads .08 instead of 0, I was thinking that there are probably some type of blips occurring on it? As in this thread: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/27497-MINI54-Bringup That person was observing a similar voltage...
  11. E

hey thanks jon yes I have, someone described seeing low voltage on the reset pin of the mkl02 but it seemed like the answer in that thread was that the mkl02 was blank, if I understood it correctly.
  12. E

You know I was just kind of assuming that crystal was included on the T3.5/3.6 since there was space for it, but that it was ultimately optional, guess I shoulda made sure of that beforehand...
  13. E

Hey guys, I'm troubleshooting a custom T3.5 that uses the 100-pin LQFP variant of the MCU (MK64FX512VLQ12) instead of the 144 MAPBGA. Everything looks good but my computer won't respond to the board. :( My only lead I have is that the bootloader pins connected to Reset_B on the MCU are always...
  14. E

T3.5 Schematic Question: purpose of L1 and D1

Hey guys, Anybody know the purpose of L1 and D1 circled in red below on the T3.5 schematic? I've built a number of custom T3.2's and would like to make a custom T3.5, just curious as to the function of these 2 components since the T3.2 schematic is otherwise basically the same in that area...
  15. E

Plans for a Basic Compressor for Audio Library?

Ah well I'm glad to know that it's in the works and obviously Teensy continuing to exist is a much bigger priority lol. Thanks for all the hard work Paul! Chip I'll check out that library, thanks a ton!
  16. E

Plans for a Basic Compressor for Audio Library?

Hey, just wondering if a simple audio compressor object is planned for the Audio Library? It's a vital tool for signal processing and for me is the only thing missing from the amazing library (aside from a self contained parametric EQ object ;) ). I've only been able to find these two posts...
  17. E

Custom T3 question: are any of these components removable?

Hey guys, I'm making a custom T3 to put in a very small case and am wondering if any of the components circled in red can be removed: Not sure if they all are needed for the ADC, or if some of them only are there for AGND and AREF (which I dont need). Thanks!
  18. E

Use different MOSI pins at once on T4.0?

Thanks for that great info! That clears up a lot. That article is extremely helpful too. I don't have a T4 at the moment, but I added this to my sketch #define nrf_spi_channel 1 //if using T3.2 comment this out to select the default SPI. And then replaced '#define _SPI SPI' with this in...
  19. E

Use different MOSI pins at once on T4.0?

Hey guys, I'm trying to resolve an old issue with using T3.2 + nrf24l01 + audioShield + SerialFlashRaw at the same time. Basically, when SerialFlashRaw is playing a sample, it causes the nrf to think it's receiving wireless packets. I know this is due to having the nrf's MOSI/SCK connected...
  20. E

3D Rendering on Teensy

Suzanne on a Teensy! That's so cool
  21. E

About Using P-Ch Mosfet/Diode to Switch between USB power and Battery Power

Hey guys, I'm wondering, is there a major practical difference between these two methods of switching from battery to usb power: P-ch MOSFET with Shottky diode: Just Schottky diode: I know circuit 2 drops the battery's voltage, but for my project that's not an issue. My only goal is...
  22. E

Advice on Charging a 3.6 Volt Lion Coin Cell

Thanks! These are from alibaba and don’t have any info unfortunately. I’ll give it a shot with the mcp and see how they do
  23. E

Advice on Charging a 3.6 Volt Lion Coin Cell

Hi guys, I’m trying to determine the best IC to use for charging a small 3.6V ~30 mAh lion coin battery. I’ve found mixed opinions regarding wether or not you can charge a 3.6V battery in chargers designed for 3.7V. Is it fine to use a chip like an mcp7383...
  24. E

Can I power a Teensy 3.2 With 4 AA’s?

I know the official max Vin is 6V and that although the regulator chip can handle up to 10V, it isn’t recommended due to thermal dissipation. But in practice, would I risk killing my T3.2 with 4 alkaline AA’s? Fresh they would put out about 6.6V total but probably only for about 15-20 minutes...
  25. E

Audio Library Causing Phantom Packets With NRF24l01+

Hey guys, I'm trying to troubleshoot a build that uses a Teensy3.2+AudioShield+nrf24l01 radio module. This unit receives simple 2 byte packets from another T3.2 and uses them to select a drum sample and then play it via AudioPlaySerialflashRaw. Problem is, the moment the drum sample begins...
  26. E

Play RAW from Serial Flash

okay thanks!
  27. E

Play RAW from Serial Flash

wav2trw isn't working for me: 'Not a Valid Win32 Application" When I run wav2trw.exe on Windows XP I'm getting an error saying it's not a valid Win32 application. I also tried running it on a Windows 10 machine and it says it 'can't run on my PC'. Meanwhile the older version, wav2raw.exe...
  28. E

How to pass a String variable into AudioPlaySerialflashRaw::play() ??

Okay problem solved: The code I included in my second post works fine but I was using 85% of dynamic memory and at runtime my string variable was getting scrambled to where it was blank if I tried to print it. I brought AudioMemory(140) down to 100 and now it works like it should. Thanks for...
  29. E

Hey thanks for the help! Unfortunately it still isn't working... based on what I've read about c_str() this should be correct, no? String filename = "K014.RAW"; serialFlashRaw.play(filename.c_str());
  30. E

Hey guys, Maybe a silly question but I can't figure out how to assign a filename to a String, say "KICK014.RAW" for example, and then pass that String into AudioPlaySerialflashRaw :: play(const char *filename). Obviously it says it takes a char variable, but I dont understand what to do with...
  31. E

Changing analogWriteFrequency Breaks nrf24l01+ Wireless

Hey guys, This has been bugging me, I have an nrf24l01+ radio on a teensy 3.2 that runs a motor thru a tip120. The motor is speedy and responsive if I change analogWriteFrequency to something high, say 187500Hz, but the problem is it blocks any radio packets from sending/receiving while it's...
  32. E

DMAchannel.h won't compile in newer version of Arduino

Thanks for the responses guys! I figured out the problem, it was silly. I had this malformed comment line at the very top of the page before the include statements : ***//dont forget to open the serial monitor or this wont run so literally the first thing in my program was an error, nice.
  33. E

DMAchannel.h won't compile in newer version of Arduino

Hey all, I'm trying to run copyFromSD and I'm getting an error from DMAchannel.h: C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/DMAChannel.h:46:1: error: expected unqualified-id before 'extern' extern "C" { ^ C:\Program...
  34. E

W25Q128FV SPI Memory Chip Discontinued, Should This 'Direct Replacement' Work Fine?

I've mounted another W25Q on a different audio board and same problem...The test returns negative results, the same ones you get if there's no memory chip there at all. The only difference I can find in the datasheet is that the clocks on the new model are faster than the old one, would that...
  35. E

W25Q128FV SPI Memory Chip Discontinued, Should This 'Direct Replacement' Work Fine?

Hey I did that originally, it didn't do anything because it detected that there wasn't anything at all on the chip: Flash Memory has 0 bytes. Erasing ALL Flash Memory: estimated wait: 0 seconds. Yes, full chip erase is SLOW! Erase completed actual wait: 1 seconds.
  36. E

I went to buy a W25Q128FV as prescribed for the Audio Shield and found that it's no longer available. DigiKey says this is a direct replacement: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/winbond-electronics/W25Q128JVSIM/W25Q128JVSIM-ND/6819721 However, I've got it soldered to the shield and...
  37. E

My mic input into the audio shield is super distorted/hot

Hey so I had about 18 inch leads coming off the mic because of how it was situated in my device, and I tried just jamming the 2 legs of the mic straight into the GND and MIC inputs, and that seemed to solve the problem, no more distortion. The mic still is really hot though, and picks up the...
  38. E

Hey it's just a pretty basic mini electret: https://www.ebay.com/itm/20Pcs-Electret-Microphone-Inserts-6050-with-PCB-Pins-Condenser-R-P/253405268049?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 Product Name : Electret Microphone; Model : 6050 Material : Metal; Sensitivity ...
  39. E

Hey guys, I’m using the audio shield and am getting major distortion/crazy high gain with electret mic audio entering via the “AUDIO_INPUT_MIC” input. Basically the mic signal is super hot, picking up things like my computer fan from across the room. Changing shield volume doesn’t effect the...
  40. E

Connecting a usb game controller to a teensy 3.2

Hey guys, I want to connect a usb video-game controller to a teensy 3.2 in order to launch audio samples and control lights. My plan is to simply wire a female usb jack onto the 4 underside pads and plug the controller right in. However, I don't know what kind of serial data the controller...
  41. E

Knocked an SMD component off a T3.1, can I still use it?

Hey Paul, tested everything and it works fine, even analogRead, so no harm done I guess, thanks for the help man
  42. E

Knocked an SMD component off a T3.1, can I still use it?

Hey guys, I got too rowdy and knocked off one of the SMD components from a Teensy 3.1 (circled in yellow): I took a moment to try and locate it in the schematic but then figured I may as well just ask here...can I use this board without repairing it? I haven't yet plugged it in to see if...
  43. E

Teensy FM Synthesis Problems, not enough modulation

Hey Paul, I edited the main question to make it as clear as I possibly can. Sorry it turned into a confusing report; my half-baked attempts to fix the problem are probably pretty irrelevant and they cluttered everything up, so I revised this to just describe what I think is the single main...
  44. E

Hey Paul, I threw together a video (in the original post) that I hope gives a good demonstration of my chief problem: that I can't get sufficient FM modulation on Teensy. It shows the maximum amount of modulation achievable with Teensy and contrasts it with what FM8 (or a DX7) can do. I didn't...
  45. E

Okay I added a test sketch to the main post and am getting some demo footage together, I'll probably post it some time before midnight
  46. E

mxxx- I just commented out lines in mixer.h and sine.h that clamp the max gain, ie ' if (n > 1) n=1 '. Like I said, it didn't have spectacular results so I'll check out the other things you mentioned today and report back. Paul - Absolutely, I'll post some code...Also I'll record audio...
  47. E

Hey gang, I've been trying to implement some algorithms from yamaha's DX7 on Teensy 3.1 using its sineModulated object but have had difficulty getting the correct results. After a lot of testing, it seems like there is something off in the way that the Audio library is computing the...
Back