Search results

1. P

S-40/20 An 8/16 Bit Parallel Bus Concept for Teensy/Arduino/Pi

That's nice of you to say, thank you. Front panel made from 2mm alu plate on my 3020 cnc, using a 2 flute bit and a very slow feed. SD card holder is a microsd to panel cable on a bracket, and power supply is basically a traco psu bolted to a blank eurocard. I do have some card guides for...
  2. P

S-40/20 An 8/16 Bit Parallel Bus Concept for Teensy/Arduino/Pi

Hiya, haven't posted for a little while, this hobby been back-burned for a bit, but thought you'd be amused at what I'm trying to do - talking about 1980s connectivity.... Idea is for a modular eurocard sized MIDI controller, breaking out the serial ports on the teensy via a din41612 backplane...
  3. P

Using 5v Rotary Encoders with Teensy 4.1

Hiya, it doesn't seem to have one, identical looking ones ones, with the same red pcb, on ebay, eg item 392995725837, China, or 173404294539, UK although the one I used has qifei written on the underside. Not much point in sending a pic of mine in enclosure, just see a mass of wires :)...
  4. P

Using 5v Rotary Encoders with Teensy 4.1

5-24v rotary encoders Hello there - just thought I'd chip in with related note, and say that I've used a cheap (~£4) 8 channel level shifter between teensy 4.1 and the A and B outputs of the relatively cheap (~£10, although slowly creeping up in price) optical 5-24V encoders commonly found on...
  5. P

eurocards

Aye, have found a couple of pinouts for this family of connectors when looking around, and agree that the gnd/power pin assigments seem to be pretty ubiquitous on the top and bottom 2 pins of each row on each 32 pin column of the 96 pin connectors. The backplane boards I bought from...
  6. P

eurocards

Hiya - not posted for a while, been way too busy with DIY oak parquet flooring, hobbies had to take a back seat for a while. Anyways, I've decided to change the way I assemble things, having constant frustration with fragile and crappy breadboard connections as well as enclosures, so eventually...
  7. P

Make an audio plugin controller with teensy 3.6

Aye, it's only possible to redirect a parameter that the developer of the plugin has made available. They're not always well documented, and even when available can sometimes only be accessed by somewhat cryptic abbreviations. The way in which parameters are accessible is down to the DAW...
  8. P

Make an audio plugin controller with teensy 3.6

Hello there - yeah, its been a constant frustration for me, too, especially with some plugins able to transmit some midi information, but not all parameters, and precise documentation hard to find or non-existent. As above, it's really down to the plug in. As you've noticed, the most you'll...
  9. P

Help with Teensy hanging SOMETIMES with a MCP23017 connected

Just a quick thought, as I've scratched my head over a similar thing in the past, when using multiple LED button switches - from the data sheet of the MCP23017, max current per pin is 25mA, but the total can't exceed 150mA out, or 125mA in. If a lot of pins on the MCP are used at the same time...
  10. P

rotary encoder : hardware debouncing

Hiya - I'd suggest maybe trying optical encoders, rather than mechanical ones. They're more expensive, 7-8 pounds or so from HK or aliexpress, and unfortunately physically larger, but I've found them much more reliable in my little projects, especially when needing to use more than one encoder...
  11. P

Teensy LC Midi Controller for Plugins in Logic Pro X

Cubase generoc remote Hello there - Hmm, don't know if logic has an equivalent, but the cubase generic remote sends MIDI data out, if in the settings it is set to transmit as well as receive. You're quite right, though - its not default, is dependent on the vst parameters that are made...
  12. P

I want to give PJRC my money, not faceless corporations!

Other source Another UK store - I live in Edinburgh, and I've bought my teensy's from here: https://www.robotshop.com/uk/ Been reliable, and they stock the teensy with pins, which hobbytronics don't seem to. Only annoyance on every one I've bought is that the sticker they put on the pinout...
  13. P

[posted] kush hammer eq midi controller

ILI9341 library Hello there - I guess that's down to me. As I mentioned in post above, the main reason I used the due library was for the additional text formatting, and the simple to use fill arc functions - there are no arcs in the 9341_t3 library, or the adafruit gfx that I could see. I'm...
  14. P

library issue Hmm, that's an awful lot of errors from the libraries - all those "not declared in this scope" makes me suspect a library error. I'd suggest commenting out the #includes for the libraries giving the problems, and then include them again from the sketch tab - could possibly be a...
  15. P

libraries Aye, need to download them, but they're fairly well known and documented libraries - they're all available on github, I put links at the end of the pdf to the relevant pages. Can download them as zip files, no need to unpack them, just add zip file in library manager. They have...
  16. P

How can I communicate between Teensy and DAW?

Yes, as above, hairless not necessary, teensyMIDI should just show up in control manager. So, MIDI out from keyboard, as MIDI in to whatever software you're using, then MIDI out to teensy - fairly logical, it could just be you've not set up a MIDI routing for that to happen in whatever software...
  17. P

Teensy LC Midi Controller for Plugins in Logic Pro X

eq controller Hello there - I posted my project on the blog project submission, which is a similar kind of idea - mine is to control the kush hammer eq, although I use cubase as my daw, which in the generic remote will send all current controller data for a plug in if set up for it. I use LED...
  18. P

How can I communicate between Teensy and DAW?

Note off or note on Hello there - this compiles and works fine, but I do have a couple of suggestions. For your first post, with getting usb plugged/unplugged sounds, if you then get teensy not responding, then shut down the IDE, unplug the teensy, plug the teensy back in and then start the...
  19. P

Where to buy ILI9341 Touch LCD

Ili9341 Hello there - I've certainly used ones from this ebay seller https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-8-TFT-LCD-Display-Touch-Panel-SPI-ILI9341-5V-3-3V-STM32-BSG/122881172441?hash=item1c9c49e3d9:g:5TsAAOSwp1RZfIO5 without any issues on a teensy 3.2, using the ili9341_due library, and have had...
  20. P

Here's my teensy 3.2 based midi controller, with a pdf description, and the sketch. The sketch is zipped, as there are numerous .ino files because I spread the sketch out across multiple tabs. Hope you find it at least interesting. Paul Hesketh
  21. P

multiple usb teensy MIDI

Quick follow up - after some tribulations. After uninstalling arduino and updating the IDE, some libraries, particularly ILI9163, no longer worked. Bugger. So, easiest thing seemed to be have two versions, but of course, libraries seemed to be problematic. Ended up I installed 1.6.9 on main...
  22. P

multiple usb teensy MIDI

Ah, I didn't have the MIDI_name in the examples - latest teensyduino wouldn't install in my version of the arduino ide (1.66). I've updated arduino now, along with the latest teensyduino, and will take a closer look at that next time I have some free time. I did try changing the product ID in...
  23. P

multiple usb teensy MIDI

Hello there - my first post, so please be patient. Got interested in teensy last year, for DIY midi controllers. I've no background in electronics or programming, but enjoy experimenting. Been using MIDI sequencers for a number of years, though. I'm a fairly tactile person, dissatisfied with...
Back