A newcomer to pjrc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...on one hand
It is not necessary to pay someone to do your website design these days, if you have time.

and although asynchronously but with only a small delay:

If I had more time I'd offer to help with the website - I've just setup exactly what everyone is talking about- but I barely have time for myself at the moment. Even with my fresh knowledge and experience this is a non trivial task. Getting it right takes a lot of work.

No amount of discusssion or idea offers on all the magical improvements will ever create the time needed to get them done.

Last I checked there was no --create-time compile option.

So for now this thread has the usefulness of the comment below
i = 1; // set i to 1

I first "met" Paul's website more than 10 (15?) years ago, when I was trying to build my own mp3 player (though I never did it!).

I remember I read every single page, I was staring for hours(!) at those gorgeous LCDs.. but there was an ocean (literally!) between us to actually worth placing an order (and I was kind of short hands/deep pockets at the time!).

I rediscovered PJRC two years ago, when I was looking for informations about that mighty Teensy. At first, I thought that pjrc.com was just a fan page(!).. or it was just Paul's hardware of choice to update the old mp3 player.

Anyway, like everyone else around here, meeting the discussion board was impressive: I forgot about arduino.cc on that instant! Even I didn't became a member at the time, I was kept reading its content on daily basis.

Regarding the website interface, you are correct: it is anything but "trendy". But maybe it's just Paul's trade mark: coding first! No fancy animated gifs, no annoying flash, no nothing. And maybe it should stay like that (though a more coding-oriented font would be nice!).

Now serious: I have some nostalgic memories myself when I see PJRC website.. but what about Paul? Have you ever thought that pjrc.com it's like his own child?.. and sometimes it's hard to accept he was growing old and you're longing for the old days?

These facts are actually saying a lot about Paul: if he has been here for our money, that website would have been the shiniest thing on earth (I guess no one underestimate Paul's intelligence). Maybe he just can't handle more shipping Teensys so there's no reason to paint the entrance (yet!).

Paul, I'm a php web developer and have developed a very large, complex multimillion dollar generating real estate website. I currently have some time that I could assist with this so you could continue to focus on your forte ;) I do have a few teensy/engineering projects that I could really use some help with. One is 5 separate 8'x8' led displays for an upcoming restaurant. I'm in the LO/West Linn area, so some synergy would be great :) Please hit me up via PM if interested in discussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back