Make build error for teensy-loader-cli

Hey, new to the forum, trying to build the teensy loader cli on windows, using mingw64 make
I get the following error when running make

Code:
MINGW64 /c/teensy_loader_cli (master)
$ make
rm -f teensy_loader_cli teensy_loader_cli.exe*

MINGW64 /c/teensy_loader_cli/rebootor (master)
$ make

-------- begin --------
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, avr-gcc --version, ...) failed.
make (e=2): Det g▒r inte att hitta filen.  (Can't find the file)
make: *** [gccversion] Fel 2 (Error 2)

I will boot up my fedora drive to try building with make there, but I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what the issue might be? Long time since I used mingw so I'm out of ideas, I thought it might be because certain commands might not be available on windows, like rm but the error is so nondescript that I can't ascertain what the issue actually is. I did change the rm -f to del /f in the top level makefile and I then got this error:
Code:
MINGW64 /c/teensy_loader_cli (master)
$ make
cc -O2 -Wall -s -DUSE_WIN32 -o teensy_loader_cli.exe teensy_loader_cli.c -lhid -lsetupapi -lwinmm
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, cc -O2 -Wall -s -DUSE_WIN32 -o teensy_loader_cli.exe teensy_loader_cli.c -lhid -lsetupapi -lwinmm, ...) failed.
make (e=2): Det g▒r inte att hitta filen. (Can't find the file)
make: *** [teensy_loader_cli.exe] Fel 2 (Error 2)

So that was part of the problem but the 'Can't find the file' error appears, but unlike the rebootor which claimed it couldn't find gccversion, the toplevel make seems to claim it can't find the executable.

Last edited:
If you really want to build the rebootor program, then you need to install avr-gcc.

The real question is whether you actually need the rebootor. Are you really going to dedicate a Teensy 2.0 to electonicly pressing the button? And if so, do you *really* need to rebuild that from source?

No you are right, hadn't looked at what rebootor actually was, I had wrongly assumed it was neccessary and didn't give it much more thought. You are right that I won't need that, Regarding the issue I was having, I ended up just switching over to a fedora machine and built the loader without issues there.

If you really want to build the rebootor program, then you need to install avr-gcc.

The real question is whether you actually need the rebootor. Are you really going to dedicate a Teensy 2.0 to electonicly pressing the button? And if so, do you *really* need to rebuild that from source?

I'm having a very similar issue. Been at this for days now. Tried MinGW first, and now I tested avr-gcc. Same results.
I only get this output:

"rm -f teensy_loader_cli teensy_loader_cli.exe*"

I've chosen Windows in the top of the Makefile.
And there's no .exe being made in the folder.

I'm clueless at this point.

Back