Sampling rate of ADC

Saksham

I am using T4.1 for my project in which i need to use 6 channels of ADC, but I am not sure whether me using 6 channels of ADC simultaneously will affect the sampling rate, I actually need 1ms of sampling rate from the ADC for each of the channel simultaneously.
Can anyone clarify if, this will be an issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Probably not an issue.

You can pretty easily measure the time analogRead() actually takes using elapsedMicros or any of the other usual Arduino time functions.

For example:

Code:
void setup() {
  while (!Serial) ; // wait for Arduino Serial Monitor
  Serial.println("AnalogRead speed test");
  elapsedMicros usec = 0;
  analogRead(A0);
  analogRead(A1);
  analogRead(A2);
  analogRead(A3);
  analogRead(A4);
  analogRead(A5);
  unsigned int usec_measure = usec;
  Serial.print("time for 6 analogRead = ");
  Serial.print(usec_measure);
  Serial.println(" us");
}

void loop() {
}

If you run this on a Teensy 4.1, you'll see all 6 measurements take 100 microseconds.

Sir, I have a doubt, if I apply six 3V analog signals simultaneously on my teensy 4.1 will it be able to handle it altogether or is their any chance of burning out. And also can you tell me if their is any safe voltage and current limit within which we should work.

Saksham...
No doubt - Paul designed a pretty slick system. Your requirements are easy (so far).
Teensy 4.1 ADC can measure from a few mV just above GND to a few mV below 3.3V (I can't remember the exact limit.)
Won't burn out the chip unless you do something unwise. There's a lot of good Arduino knowledge out there, along with some great books. Remember, the Teensy 4.1 is a 3.3V device so watch what you feed it. 3.4V on an analog input and Paul has to sell you a new Teensy. I've bought more than a few, but I keep coming back.
I'm not a EE by trade, but I've learned by tinkering and playing and reading and watching videos. Look over on the projects page at the engine monitor I built with two Teensy's. You can do this.

Back