Teensy 4.1 on macOS 10.13

mattibatti

Hi - I am running Arduino IDE 1.18 on macOS 10.13.

Is the Teensy 4.1 compatible with my setup? I am having trouble making it all work.

Thanks so much,
m

No, we lost compatibility with MacOS older than Mojave (10.14) with the gcc toolchain update that came in version 1.58. The rest still works with very old MacOS, all the way back to when Apple named MacOS releases with big cats. But after you get it running, then you can't actually compile for Teensy 3 or 4, because the new toolchain doesn't work with older than Mojave.

To get 1.57, go to the downloads page and right click (or hold a shift or control or command... not sure which) while clicking if you have a single button mouse. Use the popup menu to copy the link. Then go to your browser's address bar to paste. But before you press Enter or click Go, look for the 3 digit version number in the URL. Edit it to 157.

Last edited:
No, we lost compatibility with MacOS older than Mojave (10.14) with the gcc toolchain update that came in version 1.58. The rest still works with very old MacOS, all the way back to when Apple named MacOS releases with big cats. But after you get it running, then you can't actually compile for Teensy 3 or 4, because the new toolchain doesn't work with older than Mojave.

To get 1.57, go to the downloads page and right click (or hold a shift or control or command... not sure which) while clicking if you have a single button mouse. Use the popup menu to copy the link. Then go to your browser's address bar to paste. But before you press Enter or click Go, look for the 3 digit version number in the URL. Edit it to 157.
Im trying to make the teensy 4.1 work , unfortunallly there wasnt much info when i bought them via aliexpress.
To get 1.57, go to the downloads page
Wich download page are you referring , im building a project , and im somehow lost , im running on mac 10.12 is it possible to compile in anyway?

Back