ili9341- Display turns white

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleee

Hi! I have a problem with my teensy 3.2 and a 2.2'' ili9341display. Everything works fine, but after a few seconds the display turns white. I did the connection of the wires as recommended in the tutorial at http://www.pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341.html
but VIN and LED on the 3.3V pin of the teensy.
The library i used is also from the link above. The Teensy is brand new. I have uploaded a video of that issue:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hsopMtKnqQ4

Does anybody know how to fix it?
Thank you :)

cleee

My first always white screen was from not getting the power to the controller circuitry. Lesson1: My VCC using the PJRC OSH ILI9341 touch board had an open because I didn't complete the power circuit.

My second 'white after working' happened on one screen shortly after new, went from occasional white out to occasionally working. Lesson1 said Something was interrupting power to controller. Mine was sourced by PJRC and it was kindly replaced. I didn't modify in case it needed to be returned or there was a fix as I have no idea beyond Lesson1. This was a 2.8" touch unit and the touch still worked.

Wondering if I might use the SD card I performed the modification here. That brought my display back to life from closing J1. Lesson2: Apparently that bypassed element was interrupting the power.

YMMV - one other person saw this situation and tried it and it didn't help. But if you have non-working display with no place to go - it may work like it did for me.

I have seen this at least twice. maybe more, in my experience I commented out the demo library calls and then added them in one by one till I found the call that caused the problem. I don't have much time to work with these devices, so I just worked around the issue. Looking at a graphics test code .ino file I find this commented out
//tft.println(testLines(ILI9341_CYAN));
and also:
//tft.println(testTriangles());
//tft.println(testFilledTriangles());

I'll see if I can fire up some of these old projects and get a better idea of what function caused my screen to go white.

I have seen it all successfully work but I've also seen it go white on the demo and isolating / commenting out the offending function usually got me going again, and the functions I was trying to use at least were working.

I've also had wiring issues but they usually result in white screen at startup and stays white, then I check my connections.

My suggestion is you comment out the test functions and add them back one at a time and see if one function (or others) are causing the problem.

Not sure if either of you soldered the indicated J1 closed as linked in post #2 - but today someone else did and his display that was working and suddenly dead as 'all white' - came back to life.

You might also check for loose connections. These low cost displays have pins which oxidize. If they're plugged into a breadboard or socket, perhaps a pin isn't making great contact? Sadly, soldering is often the only really reliable way to connect to such pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back