Search results

1. lsrichard

Guitar Distortion Effect using waveshape and Teensy 4.0 with Audio Shield

Latency reduced to 1.3ms Thanks That works Reduced latency to 1.3ms Will this change the way the pedal behaves or the way the pedal sounds other than the latency ? After I compiled and uploaded it to the pedal I did changed AudioStream.h back to 128 samples for the sake of future projects...
  2. lsrichard

New more extensive rough video demo One of my repair customers requested to try out the waveshape pedal here at my shop. He liked it enough to video it with his phone. We ended up making a Youtube video of a more extensive rough demo of the pedal. https://youtu.be/acdpXPj55K4
  3. lsrichard

Latency measurement I used my scope and generator to do a latency measurement. Its latency measured at 6.38ms. https://forum.pjrc.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31252&d=1686190142&thumb=1&stc=1
  4. lsrichard

Rough demo This is a short and rough demo of the waveshape pedal. https://soundcloud.com/richard-lingenberg/waveshapedemo?si=a116a4ad3862472e82cce0d6d0fc5c73&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
  5. lsrichard

You got me curious about what input impedance I was actually getting so I measured it with my scope, generator and a 1 meg pot. At 1KHz I measured it at 439k ohms. That buffer circuit should be able to have 446k ohms input impedance but that is close enough for me.
  6. lsrichard

Impedance buffer This attachment is the impedance buffer I used. It is needed because the audio shield input impedance is 29K ohms and the guitar needs it to be higher than that.
  7. lsrichard

I am adding the Processing 3 code to visualize the curves i used with waveshape. Do not compile this code in Adruino without converting it first. This Code is for Pocessing 3. // For Guitar Distortion using Teensy 4.0 with Audio Shield // Up to 8 x Sin function for guitar distortion effect //...
  8. lsrichard

First I would like to thank Kenny Peng for coding the waveshape example that I could build from. I wanted to experiment with the waveshape effect in Teensy Audio for use with electric guitar and organ. I found that is was best to test the math I would be using and visualize the shape curves...
  9. lsrichard

Arbitrary Waveform Generator for WavformMod Object

I have been working on an arbitrary waveform generator in the form of a drawbar organ. I tested the math first on a speadsheet and now have coded it as teensy program for the WaveformMod object arbitrary waveform. There are 9 drawbar settings and one gain setting. Try out different settings. The...
  10. lsrichard

[posted] Draw Bar Organ MIDI Module

Hi Regis another note: The code was started and built on the inputFunctions example under USBHost_t36. I found the USBHost_t36 to be the most stable MIDI functions library for teensy.
  11. lsrichard

Hi Regis, I replied to your questions in three new posts to the main thread. thanks
  12. lsrichard

the organ code I too am a newbee to coding in C++. I am about 2 years into learning this. I think the ability to find ones own mistakes was a major breakthrough. Rem everything ( i even rem the } to keep track of them ).
  13. lsrichard

Hi Regis, in response to the MXR control question, I am using a photo-coupler with the photocell side connected in parallel with the rate pot. I think I used a Vactrol part #VTL5C3 or VTL5C4. The LED side is controlled by the circuit.
  14. lsrichard

Hi Regis, in response to the inverted channels question, instead of running in stereo run signal thru two Amp objects using the audio design tool and set Amp1 to 1.0 and Amp2 to -1.0. this will invert the signal of the amp2 object. Then the left and right output is recombined using an op-amp...
  15. lsrichard

Simple oscilloscope routine added to modified WAVEFORMMODULATED example

I have a simple oscilloscope routine that I added and modified to the Teeny Audio Waveform modulated example program. Here is the code: This Modified Waveform Modulation Example was done on the Teensy 4.1 with a ILI9488 TFT display. The output is also sent to a PT8211 D/A chip in...
  16. lsrichard

turning a extra MIDI Output into a MIDI thru

I have a program built from the USB host t36 MIDI input functions example that works well. It uses callbacks to respond to many MIDI inputs. Can I use the unused MIDI output on my USB to MIDI adapter as a MIDI Thru somehow ? It would be useful to provide The MIDI to the next sound module.
  17. lsrichard

Changing the playback speed on Play Flash raw

I thought it might be difficult I would think it would require modifying a library like serial flash or one of the audio libraries and would require a deep understanding of how playFlashRaw works and what it uses for timing. Is it tied to a division of the chips master clock or something...
  18. lsrichard

Using XPT2046_Touchscreen Library with Audio Shield

I am glad you were able to get that to work. on the 2 projects I have built so far I opted to use one Teensy for the audio shield and another for the ILI9341 display, touch screen and SD card. I also set them up to communicate thru serial ports. I am fairly new to coding in C.
  19. lsrichard

Changing the playback speed on Play Flash raw

Hi I am working on a MIDI sample playback module that is starting to work well. My samples are way to large to be part of the sketch. I have a set of multiplexed serial flash chips holding all the samples. I am noticing the some of the samples banks are slightly out of tune. Is there a way to...
  20. lsrichard

The sound cloud demo link will continue to play the other unrelated files on my sound cloud account after the organ demo has completed. Not sure how to stop this and I can not delete the other files from a project 6 years ago. Just push the pause button on sound cloud after the organ demo is...
  21. lsrichard

Here is a link to a sound cloud demo of the Draw Bar Organ module. https://soundcloud.com/lsrichard/draw-bar-organ-demo-1 Here is the master wiring schematic. IT uses a Teensy 4.0 attached to a Rev.D audio board and a Teensy 3.6 to handle the touch screen display and patch loading from the...
  22. lsrichard

Introducing the Draw Bar Organ ver.12 by Richard Lingenberg. It is a modern open source 9 draw bar MIDI/ USB Host keyboard organ module. It makes extensive use of Teensy PJRC technology with a Teensy 4.0 attached to a Rev. D audio board and a Teensy 3.6 driving the ILI9341 type touch display...
Back