T4.1 Bootloader "Serial Number Already Assigned"

yeahtuna

I put together a new version of a proto board I've been working on. I moved the bootloader chip from the old proto and put it on the new proto, but I'm unable to program the new device.

The bootloader blinks 10 times, meaning "Serial Number Already Assigned". Moving a T3.x bootloader chip from one proto to another was never an issue. Am I now forced to purchase a new bootloader chip or is there a sensible workaround?

Hi,
since the post is still unreplied I write here to say that I'm in a kind of similar situation whereas we swapped the MIMXRT with an extended temperature version IC (MIMXRT1062CVJ5B) on an official T4.0 board and we're currently experiencing the 10 bootloader blinks.
Is there any workaround possible to restore operability of the board?

Last edited:
Got it, thank you.Since my T4.0 is now "bricked" after the IC replacement, can I fix it by replacing the bootloader IC?

My Teensy was shipped with the GD32E230F8 bootloader IC. Can it be swapped with a new MKL02 from the PJRC store? Is it pin-to-pin compatible? Thanks.

No, sadly GD32 and MKL02 have different pinout.

You could restore your Teensy 4.0 by resoldering the chips it originally had when new. Normally I wouldn't even suggest this, but from your comments you do seem to have the ability to desolder and replace BGA chips.

But given how inexpensive Teensy 4.0 is, maybe this sort of work just isn't worthwhile to salvage 1 Teensy 4.0 which has already endured the stress of desoldering and replacing chips?

But given how inexpensive Teensy 4.0 is, maybe this sort of work just isn't worthwhile to salvage 1 Teensy 4.0 which has already endured the stress of desoldering and replacing chips?
Thanks Paul. In fact, it is not.

I replaced the IMXRT1062 as a test on a brand new T4.0 without realizing (my bad) that the bootloader IC wouldn't be able to initialize a brand new IMXRT1062. This was done in order to evaluate the functionality of one of our products, which uses the T4.0 and needs to operate in an extended temperature range.

We're in the process of building a custom T4.0-alike board to meet our needs, sourcing the MKL02 IC from PJRC and using the extended temperature version of the MIMXRT1062CVJ5B, as I saw on the forum is easily doable. Thanks for the support!

Back