Teensy Loader not recognizing Teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The

Hi guys,

I am working on a project that requires me to drive LED strips with the Teensy. I got my Teensy 3.2 the other day and have had trouble with setup. I have downloaded Teensyduino and the Teensy loader, but after compiling/verifying my code, Teensy loader doesn't do anything when I press the reset button.

I have gone through the forums and nothing so far has worked. I have tried all the solutions on the FAQ page, as well as random solutions on Google.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

I have tried both MacOS and Windows 7. I'm fairly certain the USB cable is a data cable, but I will verify. Thank you for the help!

As defragster has already pointed to other steps.

The main thing I see people running into is: It is a brand new Teensy never been programmed, and in this case:
Load up Arduino IDE. Choose the T3.2 as the current board type, make sure USB type of Serial. Load a simple program like blink.
Click on the verify button. The code should compile and when it completes the Teensy program should be launched. Now press the program button on the Teensy and the Teensy app should do the download...

Once the board has been programmed by Arduino and the USB type includes Serial. You should be able to program it again by simply clicking on the upload button.

I followed the process you detailed, but the issue I am having is the Teensy loader is not responding when I push the program button.

Here is a screenshot of my configuration. When I push the program button, I get no feedback besides the LED on the Teensy turning off.
Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 11.27.03 AM.png

Not sure about MAC - but the step KurtE noted is displayed on the TeensyDuino Install end screen is needed to get Windows 7 to install the needed USB interface driver.

With a Teensy attached and TeensyLoader active do "Help / Verbose Info" pressing the Button should show usable communication activity on that window if the data cable is good. If nothing - unplug - replug - button press the Teensy and it should show activity. If not try with other cables.

The LED going off on button press means the Teensy is responding to the Button and taking the Teensy offline as it should.

Tried to use different cables and I keep getting no response. Thanks for the tip on the Verbose Info! Useful debugging tool.

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 11.49.25 AM.png

Should also mention, that if you have other things plugged into the Teensy, you should try to remove them and only have the USB connected.

Also if you cut the VUSB jumper on back, then you will need to provide power to VIN...

counterfeit check: where did you buy the T3.2
(i think the first time you power up a PJRC T3.2, it should continuously blink the LED)

what version of MAC OS are you running?
version of Arduino IDE ?

At one time, with MAC OS, after installing Arduino IDE you needed to run the IDE once before installing Teensyduino. I don't know if that is still necessary or not ...

Any chance you could try *another* cable, or test your cables with some other USB device?

This problem almost always turns out to be a charge-only cable made for cell phones.

Finally tried a fourth cable and it worked! I guess I don't have many data cables lying around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back