KurtE's latest activity

• KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    malloc() already guarantees 8 byte alignment. It's defined this way in the C standard - any dynamically allocated memory must have alignment suitable for any native datatype e.g. 8 bytes for a double. smalloc is deficient in this regard. And...
  • KurtE
    FWIW - I believe we should use the KISS strategy and in this case change as few system things as possible. That is with EXTMEM or others who may use the sm_malloc code, I would probably avoid making changes to the underlying sm_malloc...
  • KurtE
    Quick update on the MicroMod board update, that I am not sure yet if I will order yet or not... I did not use the pass through pins for the camera, as, two rows implies you can not easily connect from either side with same object... But did...
    • 1707686595256.png
    • 1707686758705.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to Rezo's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    I've started working on a little eLCDIF library: https://github.com/david-res/eLCDIF_t4 It's FAR from done, FAR from something functional, but I only started a couple hours ago. I'm not making this super fancy or super flexible - I'm making the...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread LIN bus 2.1, working example?.
    Sorry never used it... Have never sed LIN bus. I changed to allow a two step startup as per some other thread...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    I agree wholeheartedly with that :)
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Let’s make both work? Sort of a library that can work both with FlexIO on the Micromod and the MIPI CSI. Or two seperate libraries :D
  • KurtE
    Thanks, the keyword, I was missing was pass through... Found some samtec ones at Digikey. :LOL: yep Note: 8 of them need to be contiguous for D0-7 and then two others for Pin clock and HSYNC I too, except - Except would be nice, to have some...
  • KurtE
    On the GIGA board they show it in the schematic like: So far did not find anything 21TW-247 They show the same on the GIGA Display shield. On their interactive display of the board, they show it as: I know I have seen similar type connections...
    • 1707502808863.png
    • 1707503186150.png
    • 1707504215036.png
  • KurtE
    I am sort of torn on a lot of this stuff. That is I like what you are trying to do. But I would be far more interested if for example Paul was building a Teensy 4.x with these features. Then I would be all in. For example should the camera...
    • 1707498578816.png
    • 1707499637018.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Make sure Rezo and KurtE has that in mind when making the pin-list. Everything they put on the list I will add. 😄
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to Rezo's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Great success! Swapped the color order on the pins, so its wired B0-7, G0-7, R0-7 on LCD_DATA0 through LCD_DATA23 pins and it looks great! So that confirms the color order on the eLCDIF output is BGR and not RGB
  • KurtE
    Here's a quick update from me: Got some 5" and 4.3" LCDs here, 800*480px, 16.7M colors @Dogbone06 sent over some Adaftuit 40 pin lcd breakout boards which arrived on Monday, got to wiring it up day before last, and started testing. Consulted...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6.
    I decided since I saw the Unexpected EOF on one of my board updates yesterday, to create an Arduino forum thread: https://forum.arduino.cc/t/arduino-2-3-0-unexpected-eof/1221459 As maybe there is an issue they need to be aware of.
  • KurtE
    Note: I believe I saw the unexpected EOF message earlier today as well, but it was on one of the Arduino board updates MBED something (3 different ones updated, don't remember which one). Note: I have also had a sketch open up Read only today and...
  • KurtE
    So far not much to film...Still trying to get things to work reasonably one frame at a time. As for moving it around to scan. I am having a hard enough time with something like 16 wires on the connected to the camera, going to Devboard, where I...
  • KurtE
    Maybe good day to release :D it as Arduino just released 2.3.0 As well as board updates for several boards.
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6 with Like Like.
    FWIW, I was sometimes (rarely) also seeing that on Linux, but could never make it happen on MacOS. Going to install on all 3 and do a big round of testing this morning!
  • KurtE
    Maybe. Not sure how to change or the like. That it is why, I prefer to do more Random testing like this. We often find issues, that were not uncovered using standard tests. I have not run into this yet... But have in the past. Also have in...
    • 1707317136718.png
  • KurtE
    We are using the camera in RGB(565) mode, We have the camera outputting DMA from FlexIO (I think only using one shifter right now). The camera returns the 16 bits, in byte swapped order, so we have a quick loop to swap them: //byte swap...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    @KurtE and I have been testing an OV7670 + spi displays (ili9341 and 9488). While testing the camera using extmem was getting what I would call halo effects: Switching to the pixel buffer in DMAMEM that affect clears up drastically. Maybe...
  • KurtE
    I only vaguely remember anything about this from EONs ago. There is a posting about this up on windows forum from 10+ years ago, that mentioned that it was old then...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to xxxajk's post in the thread Teensy 3.2 End Of Life with Like Like.
    I've been actively tracking the whole thing for a couple of years now. It's pretty much exactly like the capacitor famine, which, we are actually at the tail end of. You can blame a couple of things for the whole mess, which are very similar to...
  • KurtE
    Sorry, I seldom use a MAC. My 12+ year old one is currently sitting in cabinet. But if I remember correctly, mostly used something with the name like: Android File Transfer app... I believe done by Android... I tried a few other things...
  • KurtE
    ditto, but I still find ways to run out of time on things ... Are you using an Antivirus on your machine? If so which one. Have you scanned your disk for any possible issues? I had strange issues like this, a while ago on my old machine when...
  • KurtE
    Installed W11 running with pretty recent nightly build: 20240201 So far so good. Although also at times see some strange Arduino hiccups, like one sketch I opened, cam up Read-only mode, closed it, deleted some other junk out of the folder...
  • KurtE
    We’ve tested a wide range and a narrow range. The results says that 10pF or 12pF is probably the best caps. That’s allot more knowledge then we had before the tests. Further testing is ideally tested by you Paul. My offer stands, there’s a board...
  • KurtE
    Yes, agreed, let's call this capacitor testing completed.
  • KurtE
    Our SD class code has some code in it to help with the detection of media. If you look at section 26 of the reference manual, you will see that the DAT3 pin can be used as a card detection pin. The SD.begin() call if it fails to open properly...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1.
    continued on the Arduino forum: https://forum.arduino.cc/t/giga-with-display-shield-and-ov7670/1219532?u=kurte
  • KurtE
    Congratulations on your successful test flight! Photos and Videos would be great!
  • KurtE
    Thanks, I was able to connect it up, and tried a few of the examples. Like, the one to read from camera and display on it... Which is working, I had to edit it for this camera slightly, but not bad for a few minutes. Currently the camera...
    • 1706915128157.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1 with Like Like.
    I have the display but not the camera. It seems to work ok and has a couple of 3D animations as demos. One thing to be careful of is the pin labels on the GIGA don't match the pin labels on the display and the connectors are not keyed. Here is a...
  • KurtE
    So I have a new distraction to try out on the GIGA board: Soon to plug it into the GIGA and see if it works at all. I have a few of the OV7670 cameras, that I can plug in, but the shield code mainly mentioned using the OV7675, so I have one...
    • 1706902178791.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Teensy 4.1 or Arduino GIGA R1 with Like Like.
    Might be worth mention we had a lengthy thread on this forum where we got MbedOS working on Teensy 4.1, thanks to a combination of one of the MbedOS community people and Teensy's community. Since then I haven't really heard feedback or requests...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO.
    Yep - which is what the NXP SDK does, although they do it with a << 1
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    To be honest TRGSEL should just be 2 * pin index. Was looking at that yesterday.
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread xenForo Improvements.
    One feature I sort of miss from the old forum, was the ability to see who has read or visited the thread, and then the ability to hover your mouse over a name and see the last time a person visited the thread. As a side note: not sure of us...
  • KurtE
    Forgot to mention: with this code: // TIMCTL, page 2933 // TRGSEL: Trigger Select .... // 4*N - Pin 2*N input // 4*N+1 - Shifter N status flag // 4*N+2 - Pin 2*N+1 input //...
  • KurtE
    I thought I would give a quick update. I am still working on having it use multiple shifters. But yesterday decided to go back to basics of using 1 shifter and figure out why it is not working. And finally I believe it is working with 1 :D...
    • 1706884189903.png
    • 1706885172080.png
    • 1706885268701.png
    • 1706885790948.png
  • KurtE
    I wish there was a good complete answer for this. But currently it can be sort of messy, especially if you also do stuff on other platform boards, like boards made by Arduino, example: UNO R4 If you don't download SDFat using Library manager...
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    You can still get the same thing if the CPU and DMA are both accessing it.
  • KurtE
    I know the feeling… a couple days before checking addresss
  • KurtE
    💡 - Getting closer... The DMA Error was because the output buffer was not 64 bit (maybe only 32 bit) aligned... It as setup for 16 bit pixels. So once I aligned it... In this case to 32 byte alignment... it started receiving data. I may still...
    • 1706648022058.png
  • KurtE
    Thanks, It appears to work. void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: while (!Serial) {} Serial.begin(115200); CCM_CCGR3 |= CCM_CCGR3_FLEXIO2(CCM_CCGR_ON); FLEXIO2_SHIFTBUF0 = 0x89ABCDEF; FLEXIO2_SHIFTBUF1 =...
  • KurtE
    KurtE replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5.
    Note: when I get strange results, I end up using a sledgehammer and delete their caches: On Windows: if you look at where: %temp%\arduino is, in my case: on Windows 11 C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino There are two sub-directories...
  • KurtE
    That is some of the stuff that is confusing me as well. I have not seen anywhere that talks about the burst mode... Except that pdf I linked to above: As I mentioned in first post, The 1052 example code has...
    • 1706621918516.png
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    Looks odd to me... again they're setting SSIZE to 5, which does 4x64-bit reads (32 bytes total)... which won't work when the shift buffer hardware registers are only 32-bits wide. It's not safe to access hardware registers with any width other...
  • KurtE
    I found more info up at https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12686.pdf will check settings tomorrow
  • KurtE
    KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Reading from OV7670 using FlexIO with Like Like.
    IIRC you can't chain all eight because they're split into two groups of four (shifter4 can't feed shifter3). I can't recall where I saw this but it was hidden away somewhere - maybe it was a misconception due to the 1050 only having 4 shift...
Back