Search results

1. G

PoE powered OSC controller for Reaper DAW

Open Sound Control (OSC) is an IP based protocol developed as a 21st century successor to MIDI. Unfortunately it didn’t really take off (yet?), there are few Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) that support OSC and if they do it’s often not generic support but more like a ‘MIDI learn function’...
  2. G

Zeus Commander SPS-16, MIDI step & pattern sequencer

The currently available MIDI step sequencers provide little or limited control and feedback of the step parameters (pitch, velocity, note length and timing) and to keep the cost down all kind of compromises are made with respect to component choice and device layout and size. This is where DIY...
  3. G

Power over ethernet (PoE) for Teensy?

What would be a good solution for powering a Teensy using PoE? I came across this PoE splitter by Adafruit. Are there best practises / solutions with regards to this? Are there perhaps ethernet modules like the WIZ850io which also act as a PoE splitter?
  4. G

OSC controller for Reaper digital audio workstation (DAW)

One of the issues with most commercially available control surfaces is the fact that they use the Mackie HUI or MCU MIDI protocol for communication. These protocols were designed to work with the 31kb/s midi bandwidth and as a result are limited when it comes to (text) feedback. On a Mackie...
  5. G

OSC digital audio workstation controller (Reaper)

Working on a Teensy based OSC (Open Sound Control) controller I have a question on how to handle messages mixed with bundles. All the examples are about either bundles or messages but not both. What would be a good solution for this? Reaper is sending both bundles and messages. This is what...
  6. G

Writing and reading large struct to and from SD card

I've come with some code for storing a struct to SD card and reading it again, it al seems to work but I can't believe that it's really this simple. The context is a midi step & pattern sequencer I'm working on. Here's a picture of the test setup: The complete code for the master Teensy...
  7. G

SN74HC165 shift register revisited

The SN74HC165 shift register makes it easy to add digital input to a Teensy/Arduino. On the Arduino playground a description can be found: SN74HC165N, a Sparkfun tutorial relies on the same approach. It always seemed strange to me that shifting in would require 4 wires, whereas shifting out can...
  8. G

What is the proper way to connect 5V Rotary Optical Encoder to Teensy 3.6?

Hi, What is the proper way to connect a 5V rotary optical encoder to a Teensy 3.6? The part in question is a Bourns EM14. I tried a voltage divider but I need to use 10K resistors otherwise the output of the encoder voltage drops causing me to think that this might not be the proper way. I...
  9. G

usbMIDI sysex Callback function

Looking for a way to receive large amounts of midi sysex data with a Teensy 3.2 I came across this thread: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/26120-Teensy-USB-MIDI-receive-SysEx-messages where a sysex handler is mentioned. As I'm working on OS X I needed to look in the arduino package to find the...
  10. G

Teensy 3.6 controlled motorfader panel

Using a Teensy 3.6 to control 8 ALPS motorfaders: L293B H-bridges are used to drive the motors. The fader wipers and touchtracks are connected directly to the Teensy. Each faders has it's own PID control using 12 bit PWM at 14648.437 Hz. The ResponsiveAnalogRead library is used for the analog...
Back