test thread

Hi all :)

This is just a test.

DS1104Z_08-11-2023_22-49-32.3.png

The DNS update reached me too, and everything seems to work fine.

I did have to set my avatar image, but I'm not sure I had one set before. Other than that, everything seems to have transferred over correctly. (y)

Yes, everything on the Monday Nov 6th backup was restored. All old links to message on the prior forum should redirect to the same content here on the new forum.

The server went down just a couple hours after that daily backup ran, so any messages written in those last couple hours were lost.

The old server suffered a pretty catastrophic hardware failure. The main drive became corrupted and running memtest86 on the server's remote console showed the memory had gone bad. Trying to reboot would cause a constant stream of Linux kernel messages about processes crashing.

Fortunately we had a daily backup script which does a full SQL dump of the database and copies it to a machine at PJRC, which then runs backup software that retains those daily backups on 5 (redundant) large drives. I'm pretty sure we have daily copies of the full database all the way back to January. But going into the backups wasn't needed, as the most recent SQL dump was intact and once it was restored to a database, XenForo's importer was able to import it all (took about 4 hours).

Last edited:
Hate to be that guy but is there any way to make the new forum use a dark theme? It feels even brighter than before.

Last edited:
Hate to be that guy but is there anyway to make the new forum use a dark theme? It feels even brighter than before.

I went looking in prefrences but didn;t see anything. Looking at the Xenforo website think it may have to be enabled by the sys admin. Think they added it version 2.3.

XenForo 2.3 hasn't been released yet. We're on version 2.2.13, the most recent release.

Looks like it will come with light vs dark mode.

When, good question...

Ok just tried the bookmark feature and it works. Rather neat to have that feature to be honest

Back